f i f t y - t w o

˚۰˚☽˚⁀➷。˚🐚⋆ ༄ real life ❝

˚۰˚☽˚⁀➷。˚🐚⋆ ༄ real life ❝. . .

HIS HAND WAS wrapped softly and smoothly over my wrist, his long strides as we approached my bedroom being a tad bit too long for me to naturally be able to keep up with them, so he instead opted to practically force me to keep up with them.

"I swear i'm supposed to be giving you the tour right now." I said throughout breathless laughs that to the plain eye would be just that, laughs fuelled from happiness however, at this moment in time, I did not have said luxury. Instead the only thing I could feel was anxiety coursing throughout my blood, slowly taking control of every bit of me.

"Of course, yeah. Where are we going then?" His movements came to a halt directly outside of my bedroom door, allowing me a couple seconds to run through all the options in my head. My most favoured was saying I was way too tired and leaving Quinn's plan for another day however the thought of having to tell her that would not be fun. At all.

Lando let go of my hand, the sudden action making it flop back down directly onto my sides. The palm of it hit my leg on the way back to its original position, such a simple thing but it managed to knock some sense into me.

"Well, let's pick up where we left off." I gave a slight smile beginning to psych myself up for the oncoming events. With one deep breath, i entered my room, holding the door open so he could follow before closing it once again and making my way to the balcony.

"It has an amazing view, I personally think it's the best spot in the house." The words began to tumble over my lips before I could even begin to process them, not that they were lies. "You have a great view of the ocean."

We both approached the grass railing, his leaning his arms on it and me stopping directly in front of it.

Turning my head towards him, I watched carefully as his eyes scanned over the horizon. The open door cast a yellow light that skimmed over the ground of the balcony, adding just enough brightness so that anyone or anything was visible.

"Very beautiful, imagine watching the sunset." He commented, briefly looking over to me before placing his eyes back on the spot where the sun would most likely rise the next morning.

The world fell quiet, wrapping any surrounding air in a appreciated hug as we both stood in a thoughtful silence.

"I was just-." He began but the words stumbled drunkenly out of his mouth forcing him to pause and take a deep breath. "I was just thinking about stuff. About us."

Lando's correction of his own words, instantaneously snapped my eyes up so I was looking at him directly into his now wide eyes.

I decided to play it cool, giving him all the power over this situation. "Us? What about?"

"Romantically." The word didn't dare go above the sound of a whisper but it still fought to be heard, loud and clear.

"Romantically?" My question wasn't because i couldn't hear but rather because I couldn't make sense of the singular word.

"It was only a brief thought, no big deal." He was quick to defended himself, hurt coating his words. Lando's body lifted itself up to stand up, preparing its get away:

"I'm only surprised because that is what I have been thinking as well." A sudden burst of confidence took the words and pulled them out of my mouth, the air didn't swallow them up like I had hoped, instead attaching a rope so they could hang there.

"Oh, wow." The words portrayed his confusion very well, his eyebrows furrowing in thought of what to do next. "Really?"

"I thought it was obvious." I said letting out a laugh, allowing him to take a couple steps towards me which closed down the small distance between us.

Nothing was said between us after that, our eyes staying locked as a happiness slowly fought its way in. Lando wrapped his hands around my cheeks, practically holding my face in his hands before closing the few centimetres left in between us so he could softly kiss me.

When we pulled away, he kept us close together, a smile on both of our faces.

"That took way too long to happen." His smile grew into a toothy grin.

"Way too long." I agreed, bringing him in for yet another kiss.

AUTHORS NOTE: very very short but sweet ig. i need to promote my new lewis hamilton book though so it would be lush if you could go and read that, it's much better written then this not going to lie 🤩