f o r t y

CECILIA'S POV

"And then this is my bedroom." I told Lando, concluding the tour of the house. His group had decided to go back a while ago to go and have some dinner, originally he had gone with them but he came back a couple hours later to hang out with us some more.

"It's really nice." He nodded approvingly, his eyes trailing around the room as he took it in.

"My personal opinion, I got the best room." I told him, looking at him with a smile, my eyes briefly trailing down his face but they were quick to get back into position.

"I agree with you, it's very comfortable." Lando replied, pushing his hand into the mattress to test it out.

"I can't believe Daniel and the whole criminal minds thing." I tried to start a conversation, a slight awkwardness slanting itself between us.

"Right, it's not even that bad. Really interesting actually." Lando continued looking around the room, almost as if he was avoiding eye contact.

"Who's your favourite?" I asked, leaning against the wall behind me.

"Only watched like two episodes but would have to go for Reid." He finally looked at me. I raised my eyebrows at him, knowing exactly what he was in for. And it wasn't happy.

"He reminds me of you." He took a step forward.

"How come?" I asked, looking straight into his eyes.

"Just does." Another step.

"Interesting." I responded, anxiety that was more like anticipation overwhelming me as my heart started to run.

"Hurry up. We are putting in gossip girl." Marcus banged on the door loudly, his voice travelling under the closed door. The sound brought us back to reality, Lando took three steps back and I moved away from the wall, going towards the door. 

"Marcus and gossip girl never happens." I tried to ease the tension with a joke. Lando nodded slightly, opening his mouth to speak but deciding not too.

"We better go down then." He said after a while, following me downstairs.

The second I entered the living room, Tessa looked at me wide eyed which I was quick to return, panicking that she was hinting towards what just happened.

"Marcus and gossip girl. What happened?" She asked, quickly shutting up when he entered the room with some popcorn.

"Maybe my slap did more then I thought." Adelina whispered, leaning in our direction slightly, panic evident in her voice.

Lando went over to the spare sofa and I joined him, sitting closer than I usually would feel confident enough too.

"Life is so weird." Quinn suddenly said, staring straight into the darkness of the TV.

"I love Nate so much." Tessa said euphorically as he walked into the screen, his first episode haircut being unmistakably good looking.

"Who's Nate again?" Lando whispered into my ear. I looked over to him, raising my eyebrows again.

"The one dating Blair, that guy." I whispered back, pointing at the screen.

"Then why does he act all weirdly around Serena or is the one I think is Serena, Blair?" He continued, looking back at the screen.

"Blair's the brunette, Serena is the blonde." I summed it up for him as my phone buzzed silently from my jumper pocket.