f o r t y - t w o

CECILIA'S POV

"I'm just saying, if you were a serial killer you would get caught pretty quickly." Lando joked, putting his hands up in a an act of innocence when I shot him a look.

We had decided to go on a scenic walk once we had finally admitted our boredom to each other, the idea of having to lay around a house with nothing to do that you have not already done while you were on holiday, did not seem like a fun one.

"I'm actually really smart. I reckon I could get away with it for a while." I responded back, giving him a hade shake in slight mockery.

"Until you panic and give yourself up because you think that they are close when they aren't ." He responded with the same head shake, he knew me too well to deny this factual statement.

"If you were one, you would run people over. You'd be pretty good at is as well." I informed him if my opinion.

"You think?" He questioned with raised eyebrows.

"Yeah. You know what there is actually this-." I began but was promptly cut off.

"SPOILERS." He shouted over me, his hands flying up to meet with his ears.

"An episode plot is not a spoiler." I frantically responded as I came to a halt to prove my point further. "I wasn't going to tell you anything about the episode."

"Yeah but when I watch that episode, I don't want to be like 'oh Lia was telling me about that one'. You know what I mean?" He came to a stop as well, turning to face me at the same time.

"No that is actually reasonable." I didn't process the new nickname fully, instead deciding to start up my walk again.

The second it me, I felt a rise in my heartbeat but that could easily be explained by the hill we were walking up but the tingling making its way up towards my brain couldn't be.

"Okay so say if it was life or death would you pick unlimited holiday from work OR unlimited access to F1 races?" His question was out of the blue.

We decided to sit down at the top of the hill, a small stone at the top giving us something sturdy to sit on.

"Unlimited holiday from work, duh!" I replied rather quickly, my eyes trailing over the view we had gotten.

"Reasonable." Lando nodded in slight agreement with me, his eyes following me as I looked over the horizon.

"Is your favourite colour actually orange or is that just because you drive for mclaren?" I asked. changing the subject.

"It actually is."

"I don't buy it." I stated, turning to look at him just to notice he was already looking at me. He simply gave me one of his wide grins.

"Race you to the bottom?"

"No! That is so not fair, you are an athlete, I can barely walk up my apartment stairs! Lando!" I went through a whole array of emotions before finally deciding to run to catch up with him.

Lando had somehow come to the conclusion it would be good to wind me up even more by jogging backwards, laughing at my attempt to run.

"You are just taking the piss now!" I shouted just as he began to run again, failing to compress a triumphant smile, obviously content with the reaction he had gotten.

"You shouldn't use such vulgar language!" He shouted back, turning round every now and then to check one me. I gave up about a quarter of the way through, my hunched over figure not needing to add any more words for Lando to understand.