f i f t y - t h r e e

˚۰˚☽˚⁀➷。˚🐚⋆ ༄ real life ❝

˚۰˚☽˚⁀➷。˚🐚⋆ ༄ real life ❝. . .

HIS ARM WAS wrapped around my waist that morning, mine placed over his chest. The lifting sun covering us in a bath of marigold that entered through the open balcony doors. His breathing was soft, his chest rising and falling with every rhythmic exhale. The sound of his heart beating against my ear was one of peace, one that enveloped me.

It was a tranquil moment, one that I had never expected to be able to experience. You hear about it, read about it but never think about it happening to yourself. And as I lead here, in his arms, I didn't let those kind of thoughts invade my mind. Instead, for once in my life it was silent and I loved it.

"Cecilia!" My name was sung like a song, each vowel being dragged out for as long as possible, the slightest mockery tone lying deep below.
"Rise and shine, you too Lando!"

Quinn was the culprit, her soft knocks on the door being relentless. But they stayed just that, soft so they wouldn't alert anyone but us.

Lando's arms tightened around me, pulling me impossibly close to him. With a groan, he slowly opened his eyes allowing the gold straight into his eyes.

"If you don't wake up soon everyone will know.". Quinn called out, still behind the door despite it being unlocked. Her voice once again dragged on, the smile evident on her face even though I could not see her in that moment. She continued to knock lightly but as she was forced to wait longer, they got harsher.

"I'm coming!" I said back, my voice louder than usual to make sure she could hear. With a struggle, Lando refusing to remove his hands before I was forced to do it myself, physically peeling them off of me.

"What?" I said upon slightly opening the door, allowing her to see into the front part of the room. Her eyes wondered what she could see, her eyebrows raising suggestively despite not finding anything to back up her claims. I raised my eyebrows back, our eyes wordlessly fighting before I gave in, rolling my head backwards. She had always had a talent for staring contests.

"I've already said, everyone is awake and he needs to leave for his flight soon so to save your dignity I am here." Her smile was clear of door as her body fell to side so she could lean onto the doorframe. My head snapped backwards to see the sleeping Lando before looking back at Quinn.

"He will be down in a second." I told her, matching the smile on her face before closing the door. My steps were quick across the floor, closing the distance between us within very few seconds. I immediately removed the covers before softly shaking his shoulders, the rush from Quinn leaving no time to be nice about it.

"Come on Sleeping Beauty." I mocked through shakes and yet I failed to realise his open eyes. He was quick to grab my hands, removing them from his body like I had down to him only a few moments beforehand, his arms retracted backwards, pulling me on top of him within seconds.

"I'm up." He patted my lower back slowly, being dangerously close to the curve as he did so. Tiredness coated both words, the hesitance they had to actually being spoken only making it even more obvious.

"Then stand up." I responded, once again shuffling out of his grip but I held onto his hands, tugging on them to 'help' him with standing up. "You need to leave for your flight soon so you need to get downstairs."

Lando finally listened to me, sitting up before finally standing on his two feet, slightly swaying in the process. His arms wrapped around my waist, his head falling downwards.

"When are you leaving?" He whispered, still half-asleep into the crock of my neck, his words hitting a barrier that was my shoulder.

"Two days."

His disappointed groan that followed was soft and quiet, so quiet that I wouldn't have heard it if I hadn't have felt the vibrations throughout my body. Lando began to relax once again, falling into a makeshift sleep that for most wouldn't be possible.

"Downstairs, go!" I spoke through light and airy laughs, pushing him backwards for the third time that morning. The theatrical grown that was plastered on his face only fuelled the teasing laughs that filled my cheeks.

The noise was cut off, his hands cupping my cheeks as he leant forward, his lips pressing against mine for only a couple of seconds before he walked off, claiming his own chance to laugh at me.

I stood there, my brain scrambling to process what had just happened despite it being very clear. My head looked around the room, pleading the objects to give me any form of answer. And yet they didn't, they stayed mute as they simply left to struggle.

"Fill me in, please." Quinn called out upon entering the room, making sure to close the opened door behind her. She grabbed my wrist, pulling me over to the bed as her eyes demanded for an answer.

"I-There's nothing to fill you in on." I lied, looking at her straight in the eye to make sure that she believed me. She didn't, it was written in perfect handwriting all over her face.

"Lando coming out of your room after last night, that tells me everything." She was quick to say, rolling her eyes in the process.

"So if you already know, why are you asking?" I inquired with a smirk, leaning backwards onto the mattress that he had previously been lead on, my elbows holding my body up.

"Because I don't know anything completely." Quinn defended, pushing me over so i collapsed onto the bed. "Plus, I heard you laughing."

"Nothing happened!" I defended, my voice going up an octave in the process. She continued to stare at me, her eyebrows never once faltering from the raised position that they seemed to be stuck in.  With one look up and down, she let out a knowing sigh, she was not going to get any form of answer out of me. Not yet exactly.

"Okay. We will talk further later." She kept a threatening eye on me as she left the room, leaving me to my own thoughts.

authors note- i am so sorry for not posting in like a month! and also for how bad this chapter is but i tried my best although i am not very proud of it 🤞

because i keep leaving this book behind, i'm going to create a schedule so that I publish a chapter a week no matter what! although i'm going to try post a couple more this week to make up for it since this did take ages!

thank you all for reading and I will definitely be posting again soon!

i am going to promote my other lando book though so if you need another read, check it out!