f o r t y - o n e

not proof read bc i have a migraine

CECILIA'S POV

A banging on my door wasn't how I had expected to wake up not was the sounds of Quinn and Tessa arguing about something I had yet to uncover.

"I'm coming in. If you are naked that is your problem." Lina announced before shoving her way in. She left no space for anything to fit through the door before slamming it shut and leaning against it like she was in some war movie.

"Not naked just trying to sleep." I responded as groggy as can be, my eyes pleading with everything they had to just be shut again.

"Well wakey wakey. We want to go out today. But first." She made her way over to my bed before dramatically collapsing onto it and shuffling towards me to get comfy.

"What was that between you and Lando yesterday? I'm happy for you but still. When did it happen?" Her few questions were too much for my sleep deprived brain could handle, the words barely being unscrambled as they entered my brain.

"It was nothing." I waved her off in attempt to get her to leave me alone.

"It was something. You guys were full on cuddling or something!" She exclaimed more loudly than needed.

"Nope." I replied plainly still trying my best to go back to bed. Lina placed her fingers on both the top and bottom of my eyes before plying them open and humming a make shift scary tune. I wriggled out of her grip and fell out of the bed in my hurried escape, bashing my head on the way down.

"What is your problem?" I slightly shouted, now most definitely awake, a banging pain at the back of my head and a certain blonde crushing any dreams I had on falling back to sleep.

"I am so sorry. Are you okay? What is wrong with me? Oh my god!" Adelina rambled as she was soon at my side, assessing my condition. The arguing that was happening downstairs came to a stop, instead being replaced by fast steps up the stairs.

"Are you okay?" Tessa bounded through the door, almost ripping it off it's hinges. I gave her a small thumbs up, unable to speak due to Lina's hands cupping my cheeks and turning it in every direction like a makeshift nurse.

"Let's get you downstairs and with an ice pack."

My eyes were firmly placed shut, Lina's terrible ice pack skills causing me more pain than she had originally caused by pushing me off the bed.

"Is she okay?" I head a voice asked from outside the lounge door, my friends all responded in a flurry of words, none being fully comprehensible.

"I am really sorry. I swear I did not mean to." Alina said once again, guilt obvious in her voice.

"I know you didn't. I swear, it's fine and i'm okay." I reassured her for the hundredth time in a few minutes, my hands patting hers that were firmly placed on the slowly warming up bag of peas.

"Well you aren't okay. If you were, you wouldn't be here and you would be going shopping with us." Adelina started once again, bringing up an already completed discussion. The others didn't want to go out after what happened, they all acted like it was much worse than it actually was but I insisted saying I was fine when in reality, the peace and quiet would be nice. I had obviously won because why would people stop themselves from shopping?

"I am fine." I repeated, enunciating the words to make sure she could understand.

"Yeah, yeah." She mocked lightly as she stood up from her uncomfortable position on the armchair. "I'm getting you another one of these."

I was then left alone in the silence, the slight sound of waves crashing against the cliff face was enough to cure anyone.

"How are you feeling?" Lando asked, destroying my peace.

"What are you doing here?" I completely ignored his question, instead opting to ask one of my own.

"Your friends said they didn't want to leave you alone while you went out so I came up. How are you feeling?" He asked once again after answering my question.

"I'm fine, you really didn't have to come up here. I am very sorry about that." I answered this time.

"I don't mind. Didn't have anything else better to do to be honest." He shrugged nonchalantly.

"You probably did. Let's not lie." Marcus walked in, picking his moment perfectly. Lando rolled his eyes jokingly in response before sitting down at my feet and placing them on his lap.

"We are going out right now. I hope you guys have fun. But not too much?" He pointed at us and gave us the Marcus mum glare, something he had practised for years. I had even caught him doing it to himself in the mirror once.

"We will be fine." Lando responded for me and he lightly patted my thigh. Adelina then walked in, a can of cider in hand.

"I couldn't find anything else I'm sorry." She handed it to me which then allowed her to go into her do's and don'ts for a head injury.

"What do you feel like doing?" Lando asked once the other had left. I pondered on my answer for a little while, trying to pick the perfect way to spend my time.

"I think I want to scroll to the bottom of your instagram."

"Don't you dare!"