༻ 10

There was only one week of promotions left and Aruna wanted to die.

She didn't know if it was internal or external pain but all she wanted to do was shut off. Her ankle was starting to hurt again and she felt her body go weak every time there was an intensely busy day.

"Let's take some photos with the trophy," Bitna grabbed her phone from her pocket and made the girls line up on the pink wall.

She ignored the way her ankle throbbed a little when Eliana accidentally kicked her leg.

It was their seventh win.

Even though she should've been grateful and full of joy (which she was, Aruna's not a brat), there was a piece of her that felt so...strange.

Like maybe she was too lucky with her group. Like maybe this wasn't meant for her. That she didn't deserve it.

But overall, Aruna had gotten more used to the idol industry and smothered up a genuine looking smile while holding the award next to Ciela.

"Perfect," Bitna nodded in approval after snapping some photos and reviewing them.
"Is there anything else on our schedule?" Aster asked, itching her arm because of the uncomfortable outfit they were wearing.

Rather than the usual simple concept outfits they usually wore, they were in dresses too tight in all the wrong areas.

"Nope, we have the rest of the day off," Bitna grinned at their elated reactions. "Have fun girls."

They haven't had a free day in a while.

Before they debuted, Aruna would usually kill for a break and would spend it all sleeping, watching shows, eating, and repeat. But now that she was so used to the work environment, her body didn't want to stop.

But if it meant taking off the dress, she wanted to rush for the chance.

"Thank you so much Mrs. Manager," Aster saluted and ran off to their green room. It was next to a boy group they weren't familiar with. "See you tomorrow."

Aruna happily followed, eager to switch into her comfortable clothes again. Something that would stop her from suffocating.

Eliana wanted to take a nap and Aster wanted to play her games, so Ciela and Aruna decided to get some coffee and just hang out. It had been a while since they've done that.

"Wait- I forgot my wallet in the practice room," Ciela sighed, smacking her head in annoyance. Her hair was in a tight ponytail that squeezed the living hell out of her. It must've caused an immense headache and she looked so tired that Aruna felt bad for her.
"I can get it for you if you want," she suggested, zipping up the grey sweater. "Just meet me at the café next to it...here."

She grabbed Cielas hand and stuck a $20 bill inside. "Get something for yourself."
"Really? Okay then, you can get whatever you want with my card."
"Deal."

They took the car together with Jhené Aiko blasting from the speakers (Cielas playlist). Aruna didn't really listen to that type of music but she found herself grinning from ear to ear hearing her member sing out the lyrics. Even the driver was bopping his head along to the addictive melody.

"See you soon," Ciela waved goodbye to her member and thanked the driver, leaving to go to the café. It was one they went to frequently when they were trainees.

The driver continued towards the building as the two chatted a bit. He had been working for years- always secretly treating the girls to snacks when they were under strict diets. Sam was nice like that.