༻ 23

can i exhale for a minute?
can i get this out in the open?
can i sit down for a second?
can i breathe?

"Mom, dad," Aruna sighed, her voice heavy with emotion. "Why did you come here?"

Her parents had shown up unexpectedly at the doorstep of her dorm, their faces filled with tears and remorse as they begged for forgiveness. It did tug at Aruna's heart, but it also left her feeling confused. Why were they here now, after all this time?

"I-" her mother began, taking a deep breath as she struggled to find the right words. "We miss you so much, Aruna. The only reason we opposed the idea of you becoming an idol was because we were afraid of the pain it might cause."

Her mother rubbed her forehead in a gesture of stress, and it struck a chord of guilt within Aruna.

"Your father and I have been talking, and... we would like you to be present in our lives again," her mother finally admitted, her voice filled with a mix of hope and sadness.

Aruna couldn't believe the words she was hearing. Was it true? Was it a joke?

She looked to the one person who would confirm whether or not they were being true to their words. Her father.

"Dad..." she said, her voice filled with uncertainty. "What do you have to say?"

It was either he was too overcome with emotions or he wasn't expecting her to call him out, but he froze. His usual hateful expression became one of rock. It was like he was angry at her for questioning him about something so...stupid.

The same expression was on his face when she confided him about her dreams.

Her mother, sensing the awkward tension, stepped in to bridge the gap. "Honey," she began, her voice filled with tenderness, "he was the one who suggested that we should reach out to you first. You know your father isn't good with words, but he loves and misses you deeply."

What do I do?
I can't let myself be torn down again but they are my parents after all
I owe my life to them
Anyways, third times a charm

"I miss you guys too," Aruna finally smiled, opening her arms for a hug.

ferocious four rawr

aster: tell me why i just got home from grocery shopping and i see ARUNAS PARENTS WATCHING A MOVIE WITH HER
WHAT??

ciela: no fucking way
pic or it didn't happen

aster: no way am i going back into the living room of death

eliana: arunas parents?
you sure they weren't just some random middle aged couple she invited over because she felt bad their bag of potatoes broke on the road and rolled away?

aster: i was actually so confused when that happened the first time
and the second

ciela: aruna's too pure for the world 😫

aster: oh wait
CODE RED CODE RED I HEAR THEM LEAVING

ciela: if i press my head against the door hard enough i can listen in on their conversation

eliana: guys...🤦‍♀️
can i join?

aster: OKAY THEY'RE AT THE FRONT DOOR SHHHH

ciela: uhm i hear them laughing
okay her mom made a really unfunny joke and aruna did that fake giggle she always does when she feels too awkward to tell them it was bad
OMG HER DAD SPOKE???
her parents are invited to our concert...