༻ 20

in a world of boys, he's a gentlemen
got lovestruck, went straight to my head
got lovesick all over my bed

Aruna did her best to avoid Jisung for the next few days. She opted for the longer, less visited path to her practice room, avoiding any potential run-ins with Jisung. She didn't go to the cafeteria as much as she used to, choosing to go at times when she believed he wouldn't be there.

Unfortunately, Jisung was thinking the same.

He thought it would be smarter to take the less populated staircase but ended up running back down after seeing the familiar girl. He went to the vending machine instead of grabbing a tray from the cafeteria but almost yelped when he saw Aruna grabbing her snack.

It just wasn't working. They couldn't avoid each other forever.

"And...action," the producer of Afterglows new music video yelled.

But she could at least pretend they could.

Ciela was filming her part as the others watched. It was something they did to give out tips to each other on how to improve.

It wasn't really needed though as Ciela was perfect. She was always one to look the most comfortable on camera and never failing to make watchers jaw drop in awe. She had that charm Aruna wished for.

Aruna stood there in her aqua two-piece outfit, her heart racing as she prepared for her solo part in the music video. This was her second time, and the jitters were still very much present. The cold air outside didn't help matters, as it seemed to seep through her skin, making her shiver.

Filming outdoors brought its own set of challenges, especially on a day when the wind was relentless. It rushed at her from every side, causing her to huddle slightly for warmth and stability. She took a deep breath, trying to calm her nerves and focus on the upcoming scene.

Aster grabbed her cold hand and placed a heat pack between them, hoping it would help the struggling youngest.

"Aruna, come here," the producer called her over to review what she was supposed to do during her shoot. "We're focusing more on your visuals than anything. Just be calm and look pretty. Don't worry too much about lip-syncing or dancing."

Those were her usual instructions anyways. Sit still, look pretty.

Jisung hated sitting still.

He didn't understand why the girls wanted to try makeup on him but they still did. Hwayoung was working on his eyes, Hana his hair, Nabi his base, and Chungha was just dancing and vibing to her playlist.

Hwayoung, who was diligently working on his eyes, couldn't help but coo at the outcome, a playful glint in her eyes as Jisung opened his eyes slightly. "Aww, you suit purple so well, Ji," she teased, sticking her tongue out. "Hey! Close them again or I'll have to redo this look."

"Why can't you guys do this to your own boyfriends?" he complained.
"Because, they would never fall for it. You're easy to persuade," Nabi said, shrugging her shoulders as Chungha agreed.

Hearing the others agree with Nabi's assessment, Jisung realized that he had indeed fallen into their playful trap. It was becoming a recurring theme, with the guys continually subjected to their girlfriends' mischievous pranks. They seemed to have a sixth sense for it, while Jisung had yet to develop that boyfriend instinct.