༻ 22

and that's how it works
that's how you get the girl

Jisung hated himself.

He woke up on Renjuns bed, head throbbing from the excessive amount of alcohol he had consumed the previous night. The fog of his hangover clouded his memory, leaving him with a growing sense of dread. 

With a heavy sigh, he swung his legs over the edge of the bed, hating himself for his lack of self-control. The smell of coffee and food made his stomach churn and he walked out with a pounding head.

His disheveled state didn't go unnoticed by Hana, who was already up and about, expertly preparing bacon and eggs in the kitchen. The sizzling sound of the cooking food was an inviting aroma that seemed to mock his hangover. It was, after all, the perfect hangover food.

"Hey, Jisung, have a good sleep?" Hana asked cheerily, seemingly unfazed by the previous night's festivities. She didn't drink as much, knowing it would kill her the next day.

"Not bad, but the aftereffects are killing me," Jisung groaned, pouring himself a much-needed cup of coffee to help shake off the lingering haze. "Where did you guys sleep?"

She gestured toward the chaotic living room. It was a mess, strewn with empty cups, confetti from party poppers, and Renjun passed out amidst the chaos. Jisung couldn't help but feel a wave of guilt wash over him.

"Oh, don't feel bad, Ji," Hana reassured him, her understanding smile easing some of his guilt. "You needed that bed more than we did."

Still, Jisung couldn't shake his remorse. "I'm sorry. I should have been more responsible. What even happened last night? Did I embarrass myself? I don't remember anything."

Hana switched off the stove, giving his question some thought. "Not that I know of. You went to bed before things got really wild. Let's just say Ciela and Jaemin might be regretting some of their decisions today."

Hearing of how nothing could possibly sabotage his reputation, Jisung felt the worry on his shoulders vanish. "Please tell me you have videos."
Hana's eyes gleamed mischievously. "Would I be Hana if I wasn't documenting everything?"

Meanwhile, Aruna found herself in a state of mounting anxiety as she opened her chat with Jisung and saw his previous messages. She didn't know whether to respond or just ignore it. 

When he texted last night, her phone died right before she could respond.

jisung

goodnight rataruna
i don't not like you by the way
i just don't really know how to talk to you or people in general
i'll work on it, i promise ;3
read 00:41

It would've been rude of her to not check up on him but was it really her place? Aruna didn't know what to do. 

Aruna, stop running away from people
Just text him and it'll be okay
If he doesn't respond, it's not the end of the world
Not everyone has to like you

Her heart raced as she gnawed on her lip. Maybe it was time to do what she wanted, not fearing the consequences. And with that mindset, she typed.

jisung

good morning
are you...good?
10:38