༻ 41

moon, tell me if i could send up my heart to you?
so, when i die, which i must do
could it shine down here with you?

He bought her a star.

Park Jisung bought Hwang Aruna star.

No matter how many times she tried to repeat it, it seemed unreal. He was unreal.

Aruna reached into her pocket to feel the familiar feeling of parchment when her hand pressed against a cool metal. The watch. She forgot to give it to Jisung.

She forgot to give it to Jisung because she was so preoccupied. Preoccupied by thoughts of him.

Rolling onto her stomach, she groaned, attempting to push away the confusion. The sound was muffled from the pillow on her face but she repeated it again.

It was weird.

She liked how thoughtful he was but a part of her heart told her to stay back and let her jumbled feelings disappear. But there was no way Aruna could ignore Jisung. That would be rude.

Closing her eyes momentarily, the rest didn't last long when her alarm rang. It was officially Christmas.

The girls loved to celebrate it at exactly twelve in the morning since they spent the rest of the day with family. And even though they weren't visit their parents this year, the tradition still stuck.

Aruna rose from her prone position, meeting Aster in the living room. "Merry Christmas," she greeted, a yawn escaping her lips.
"Merry Christmas, sleepyhead," Aster responded, turning off the TV.

Ciela and Eliana had graciously offered to host the Christmas celebration at their apartment, sparing Aruna the whole cleaning ordeal she had faced the previous year with Aster when the cleaning took over three days.

They should've never did Christmas baking.

As Aruna prepared her gifts, stuffing them into a larger bag, she extended a hand to Aster. "It's fine...my gifts are small anyway," she declined, slipping on her slippers.

Aruna whined, realizing the mix up with the shoes. "Wait- those are mine. Yours are the Santa."
"We're literally one step away from the girls."
"Ugh, fine."

With a small pout, Aruna locked the door behind them though there was a slim chance anyone would even want to break into their dorm.

"Merry Christmas star and moon," Ciela whooped once the door opened to the two, taking the bag of gifts off of Arunas hands. "You guys wore the pjs!"
"You threatened us if we didn't," Aster scoffed.
"Oh, yeah. I forgot I did."

Eliana, ever the calm presence, sighed as she stirred the hot chocolate she had prepared. "Merry Christmas," she hummed, settling on the couch. "Let's start opening gifts."

The exchange section went well with Asters small gift consisting of a matching bracelet for every member which Ciela almost teared up at. She had ended up buying gifts of everyone's taste like a huge cat shaped stuffed animal for Aruna. Eliana went a more practical route and bought furnishing items while Aruna thoughtfully picked out new practice shoes for everyone.

"Thank you guys so much- group hug!" Aster cheered.

The members held each other in ones embrace for a few seconds, glad to spend their first Christmas together once they debuted.

"Now...time to sleep," Aruna groaned, holding her yawn back.
"Yeah," Ciela agreed. "Goodnight."

"Let me steal some cookies first," Aster muttered, grabbing the plate which Eliana handed her with no complaint. "That's why you're the best leader."
"I'm your only leader."
"Whatever."