༻ 11

though i've tried,
i can't pretend that i don't sit around and think about you

"Jisung stop looking at me like that" Jaemin sighed yet again at the weird behaviour of he youngest.

He had been off for a week. Not in a depressing way but more of a humorous one.

"Okay," Jisung turned his head around, sipping his water. "So...what are you doing later?"

Jaemin glanced over at him, not sure if he was hearing things right.

"You're really asking about my...plans?" he narrowed his eyes.
"I was just curious."
"Well I was thinking of maybe showing Aruna my cats," Jaemin said.

The two had been planning this for a while but with promotions one each of their side, there was never a right time. But Aruna was finally catching a break and he also had not much to do.

"Oh, I see," Jisung hummed. He sucked his teeth and slowly shook his head. "I see."

And that was when Jaemin had enough of it.

"Okay, what's up? You're acting so unusual Jisung," he kicked his leg that was laying comfortably on the couch.
"Nothing's wrong."
"You sure about that? Because Aruna told me that you actually took initiative to talk to her but you were being very weird about it."

Jisung froze.

She thought he was weird about it? No way. She was being weird.

He didn't know why Aruna was so awkward with her boyfriends member so he wanted to just talk to her first and make her feel more comfortable. It wasn't his fault she was caught off guard and couldn't think of anything to say. That's why Jisung was being 'weird' about it.

But no matter how much he defended himself, Jisung was still very embarrassed.

"So I made a bad impression?" he asked meekly, hoping the answer was not what he thought it was.
"I mean kind of," Jaemin sighed. "But it's okay, Aruna's an understanding girl. She won't make fun of you Jisung. You have got to get over your fear of women."
"Okay well it's not like I even wanted to talk to her in the first place."
"What?" Jaemin's eyebrows furrowed. "Then why did you do it? Were you purposely humiliating yourself?"

Jisung rubbed the side of his neck.

"Because...I know Jaemin," he said softly.
"Know what?"
"About you guys dating."

Jaemins jaw dropped.

"You're such a dumbass."

That was not the reaction Jisung was expecting. He was just trying to be a good friend.

"I'm being nice!" he defended.
"That's great but she's not my girlfriend," Jaemin kicked him again. "Why do you just go around assuming things? What even made you think we were dating?"

Jisung racked his brain for all the countless times he thought they were suspiciously close.

"That one time she ran into us at the coffee shop and guessed how many cups of coffee you drank already. Only girlfriends would know how much," he rolled his eyes as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.
"That's your reasoning? You're worse than I thought."

The corners of his lips turned down into a small pout.
"Well fine then! Are you at least crushing on her?" he tried to make his stupidity look reasonable.
"No way Jisung," Jaemin denied immediately. "I think I'm gonna throw up."

He seemed way too eager to deny it that Jisung was starting to feel bad for her.

"Why not? I mean she's a pretty nice girl," he shrugged.
"She's not my type."
"Not your type? Jaemin, have you seen her," he was the one to sigh now. "You're crazy."
"Seems to me like you're the one that wants to dater her," Jaemin scoffed.