078

2 MONTHS LATER

NOAH'S POV

"Bridges! Get your head in the game!" My brother shouted as he was about to throw the football to me and I sighed. I haven't heard a word from B in two months, no one has. She went MIA after she broke up with me. The bar has been closed and the gates to our house aren't opening. No one knows where she is or what has happened. And it's fucking me up, sorry for the language. The season is over and we all had gone home to spend the rest of the year with our families. And since I couldn't get a hold of B, all I could do was go home and wait her out. Thanksgiving had just passed and it was almost time to start preparing for December and Christmas.

"Boys! Dinner time!" Mom shouted from the house and we got inside to see her putting the delicious food on the table. We all sat down, said the dinner prayer and dug into the food.

"When is Bianca joining us?" Mom asked. I hadn't told them about B. Since I didn't accept the breakup and just waited until she would appear from the dead or whatever I didn't think it was right to tell my family. What if she did come back to me? Then it wouldn't be a big thing for my parents and all.

"She isn't, mom." I said.

"Why not?" She asked and out her fork down.

"There were an incident at the bar and she is working really hard to keep it open." I said, not completely lying. I knew for a fact that what happened was killing her bar and I knew even though I hadn't talked to her that she was working her as off to keep it open.

"She is always working that girl, doesn't she know that she needs to rest? Especially around the holidays." She asked.

"B doesn't work that way." I said, not in the mood for this conversation.

"Work how? She is human right? Humans need to rest. The holiday is for spending time with your family and friends and celebrating god." She said.

"Like I told you mom, B isn't Christian as we are. And she needs to work to function. I promise you that she is going to have a perfect Christmas in Savannah with Buddy." I said and she sighed.

"All alone cooped up in that house." She said.

"Mom, please. B is fine." I said trying not to loose it in her.

"Okay, okay." She said.

"I just think it's sad that she is going to be alone." She said.

"There, I'm done." She added. We kept on eating in silence and after I was finished I went back to my room and laid down in my bed with a sigh. A few minutes later I heard a knock in my door and I saw my brother Zack standing in the doorway.

"You are acting like when you got dumped for the first time." He said and closed the door behind him and sat down in my gaming chair.

"Shut up." I said as I started throwing a baseball up in the air and catching it.

"She dumped you, didn't she?" He asked.

"Nope." I said.

"It's me, Noah. You have been so weird lately. For two months you have been distracted, agitated and quiet. The last games you played awful, sorry." He said.