chapter-8

After Saving Amanai Riko and her caretaker Misato Kuroi, they were sitting by the pool while Gojo was on the phone with Yaga sensei and Amanai was sent to her school.

"Surely it'd be safer to head back to Jujustu high at once! " Gojo said as he sat at the edge of the pool with Geto and Kuroi listening.

"As much as i want to do that, this is an order from Tengen-sama. He said to fulfill all of Amanai Riko's demands" Yaga conveyed sternly   much to Gojo's annoyance.

"Tsk . Lax upbringing at its finest." He said sarcastically as he was almost fed up with this overall fiasco.

As brash as Gojo is, Geto is always there to balance him by providing his views on every one's side.
" Don't be like that,Satoru. Despite what she may say, after the assimilation, she'll spend her whole life as Tengen-sama in the deepest floor of Jujustu high, as the foundation of barriers"

He continued as Gojo walked towards them. "She won't be able to see her friends, family, or anyone precious to her ever again. Let her do what she wants. That's part of our mission"

Kuroi then spoke as she has been listening to the two teens for a while.
"Riko-sama has no family. They were in an accident when she was little. I've taken care of her ever since then. So i want her to atleast have what time she can with her friends"

"So you're her family ,then." Geto said to her with a smile, making the woman flustered at the comment.
"Yes"

As they were talking, Gojo asked about the cursed spirits that Geto had sent to watch over Riko.

Just then, Geto felt his two cursed spirits being exorcised and immediately informed Gojo to reach her as quickly as he can.

[Else where, Toji and his accomplice has set a bounty on the Star Plasma Vessel.]

Geto and kuroi quickly moved to  School to look for the threat while Gojo rushed to Riko's class and finally found her in choir practice.

While Geto was fighting against his opponents Kuroi took him down and asked Geto to look for Riko instead. Which lead to her getting kidnapped.

Geto felt responsible as he left Kuroi on her own. He underestimated how much of a valuable asset she would be for the enemies.

Gojo deducted that they would ask for Amanai in exchange for her or they'll kill Kuroi if they didn't kill Riko. He made a plan to take Riko to Jujustu high and take Shoko as her stand in.
But Riko didn't want to stay like that and it was decided to take her along with them to Okinawa where the kidnappers had decided on the place for exchange.

They easily rescued Kuroi and were now at a beach. Kuroi sat on the blanket at the shore while Geto was on phone with Izumi.

"How is she now?" Izumi asked as Geto narrated their first day of mission.
"She's fine. She is playing on the beach happily with Satoru. But i don't know how long we can stay like this...*sigh* Have you arrived at the airport?"

"Yes. We're walking towards the entrance. I'm excited to be part of such an important mission!but i don't know if we'd be much use.. And Kento-kun's already grumpy"she lightly chuckled as she said the last sentence still walking with the two.

"Hmm..Be careful sweetheart. Maybe we'll return tomorrow. Some one will inform you if anything changes." She felt the warmness in his tone even if they are miles apart.

"Alright, you're the one who should be more careful. I believe in you guys..."
She trailed off as she couldn't describe the feeling in her gut.

Geto softly sighed at that "we'll be careful Izumi-san..I'll call you later okay? " He walked towards Kuroi to sit on the blanket.

"Okay.see you soon!" She cut the call and caught up with her friends.
Geto smiled at his phone and slowly sat beside Kuroi.