Chapter-12

10 months later

"Here we go" Shoko said as she and Geto threw a pencil and an eraser at Gojo. But instead of hitting them on his face, the objects stopped at a small distance and floated around.

"Yeah,it's working"Gojo was proud of his accomplishment as he caught the eraser in his hand leaving Shoko in confusion.
"Ugh, what the heck was that?"

"Automatic selection of targets for your Jujutsu technique?" A rather tired looking Geto said as he observed it.

"Yup.though to be precise, I'm the target for the technique.I've automated what I used to do manually. Now it can discern an object's danger level based on the strength of it's cursed energy, it's mass, it's velocity and it's shape. I'd like to get it to discern poisons too, not that's still proving difficult.This will allow me to keep my limitless technique active almost perpetually with minimal resources" Gojo held the pencil and eraser in his hand as he explained how his technique worked.

"Having it perpetually active will fry your brain.. "Shoko said a little worried. But Gojo wasn't in the least bit, as he further explained how he can use reverse cursed technique to overcome it and consecutively use his techniques.

As they were talking among each other, Geto's mind was wandering away.
'Satoru had become the "strongest"'

"Suguru, have you lost weight? You okay?" He heard Gojo asking him.

'He handled all his missions alone, and shoko was never sent out on dangerous missions in the first place, which naturally meant i was sent on missions alone more often, too'
"It's just heat fatigue. I'll be fine"he made up the excuse without even thinking much.

"Did you eat too much somen?" Gojo still asked, as if confused how his friend was sick.

-------------------------------------------------------

Geto's thoughts spiralled as he remembered his work routine as if doing a ritual.

'Cursed spirits were springing up like maggots. Likely spurred by the frequent disasters of the past year'

'Exorcise, absorb'

'Over and over'

'Exorcise'

'Absorb'

'No one else understands what cursed spirits taste like. It's like swallowing a dirty rag that's been used to clean up shit and vomit'

'Who am i doing this for?' He thought of the followers of the Star religious group,applauding them as Gojo carried Amanai Riko's dead body.

'Exorcise'

He stood under the shower and let the warm water fall on him carelessly as his expression darkened.
'Ever since that day, I've been telling myself,
"What i witnessed that day wasn't uncommon. I understood the ugliness of the masses, and still i chose to be a jujustu sorcerer to save others"

"Don't waver. Fulfill your duty as a strong jujustu sorcerer" He repeated these words in his head as to force himself to believe them as he used to ,without any qualms. But a mind that has been battling with different ideals of himself for the past year, made him move towards the darker end.

"Damn Monkeys......."

-------------------------------------------------------

Yu was walking along the corridor as he saw Geto sitting on a bench near the vending machine.