Chapter-23

Long chapter ahead!

Have you ever felt like your heart was burning with each beat. The churning of the stomach that makes you feel like you'd vomit all the content out. The slight shakiness off your arm that you're trying to stabilize by fisting it.... All the while, you tell your brain to calm down.... assuring yourself that it's okay...
But nothing works out and you're left alone.. Frustrated at the world, at yourself.. Feeling like just banging your head would get some sense into it.

That was how Izumi felt, when she finally met the man who owned her heart on the verge of death.

-------------------------------------------------------

Earlier~

Gojo was involved in a fierce battle with Miguel. The latter was barely keeping up after all the hits and blows he's taken.

Meanwhile, the number of injured sorcerers were increasing as the time passed. Since shoko was the only one present there who could help others with her reverse cursed technique, she had soo much to do.

"Ieri-san, please look at this one too" Akari Nitta called for her attention as she brought another injured person.

Shoko was quickly walking around, taking note of the conditions of each patient. That was when she saw the woman and stopped in her tracks to look at them. "I will. Set him down over there"

Shoko walked past them and saw some people messing around and narrowed her eyes at them. "What were you doing? " *Huff* " Does anyone have any news on Himura?"

"U-uh Himura-san is on the way" Someone yelled from the crowd and she just sighed, exasperated as she looked around.
"Sheesh. You really forced a heap of trouble on us, Geto.. "

Izumi was fighting off curses on her way to the place where the injured were being treated. She can't just dump all of it on Shoko.

Just as she was running, a body slammed on to her from the side, taking her offguard. She was thrown down to the floor due to the weight.

"Urgh" Her hips hurt as she tried to get up from the uncomfortable position. She carefully lifted the sorcerer from her and quickly jumped up feeling something coming in her direction.

She took the unconscious sorcerer to a safer area to take care of the current problem. She couldn't afford to waste any more time and with quick precision, the curse was exorcised and she moved to take the man with her.
Izumi huffed as she finally saw her colleagues and someone quickly took the unconscious man from her and laid him down. She quickly got to work placing her palm on his stomach.

"Ahh so you're here.. It's nice to have someone with me" Izumi smiled as she heard shoko's voice.
"Yeah. But i have to go somewhere else. Don't worry, I'll help as much as i can!"

Shoko squinted her eyes at her former kohai in a disapproving manner.
"You don't have to push that hard. Don't forget, we can't save you once you've reached a certain limit"

She was right. That was the only thing Izumi couldn't improve...
"I know"

Sweat drops lined her forehead as she moved around with shoko, tending to the others.

-------------------------------------------------------

The queen of curses was positioned behind Yuta, her enormous pale arms placed beside him in a protective stance as they watched Geto's next actions.

"It's your first time experiencing such a violent emotion, and cursed energy is filling your body, isn't it?

The heightening of physical prowess, that sense of omnipotence...