Chapter-19

As per a special request, Inumaki Toge was assigned a new mission where Okkotsu Yuta was also sent along with him. It was Gojo's decision to help Yuta by letting him observe and act accordingly.

"We've arrived" Jujutsu high's assistant manager Kiyotaka Ijichi said as everyone exited the car at Hapina shopping district.

"At this time, most of the shutters here are closed" Ijichi took his I-pad and read the request for inumaki to both of them.

"During an inspection of the area, we confirmed a pack of low-level curses.
We'd like to request that the grade-2 sorcerer Inumaki, exorcise them"

After he finished reading, Ijichi looked up from the I-pad.
"Huh? Where's sorcerer Inumaki?" both ijichi and Yuta were confused on where he disappeared, when he was there just a second ago.

"Not here" Yuta looked around with his sword on his back and found him coming out of a store. "Oh, Ijichi-san, over there" Yuta pointed out and noticed a plastic bag in his hand "He was shopping?" He mumbled to himself being confused.

"What did you buy?" Yuta asked, when Inumaki came closer to them. Inumaki took the item he purchased and showed the both of them. "Throat medicine?" Yuta was more confused on why he needed them now.

After the chats subsided, Ijichi resumed his task of informing them about their mission.

"Now, I'll draw the veil. Good luck"

A large green coloured veil was placed and the two sorcerers looked around for the curses.

What they didn't know was that, someone else was watching them too.

"He said it was a pack of low-level curses" Yuta said to Inumaki as he walked cautiously.
"Pollack roe" Inumaki replied still looking around.

At that moment several voices reached their ears.

"That's not fair, mama. Onii-chan got more"

"So what? Let's trade doubles"

" I smell olives"

"Reporting a lost child"

"Cheap stuff! Cheap stuff!"

Black bird like curses flocked around and formed a large group as they flew in circles together.

'It's not scary if you crossed with everyone. The weaker curses are, the more they group together' Yuta remembered Maki's words from his first mission and looked at the curses apprehensively.
"Even so, there's just too many of them!"

Yuta turned sideways to look at Inumaki and found him walking towards the curses. Since he didn't know about Inumaki's cursed speech, he was worried for him and called him to catch his attention.

"Inumaki-kun?! It's dangerous if you get that clo-"

"Explode"

All of a sudden all the curses caught flame and exploded at once.

Yuta covered his face the curses burst past him. He was amazed on seeing the power of cursed speech.
"This is cursed speech? Huh? Oh... It's over already?"