Chapter-15

'Is there an alternative for this? Would it be too extreme? 'Scoff' They don't even know we're risking our lives for them to live peacefully! And for what?!

It's their fault, that more and more curses are formed.

It's their fault, my comrades are getting injured and dying!

Not everyone can be jujutsu sorcerer but.... We can eradicat-'

"Suguru-san? Suguru-san! Where did you go?" Izumi asked with a smile as she tilted her head. They were in her room and Geto was visiting her. The stitches on her head were slowly healing, but her arm still had a cast.

They were talking about his missions and it took her a while to know that Geto wasn't even listening.

He lightly flinched at her voice and saw her smile. 'He would protect that smile with his everything.... Regardless of what it entails...'

"Nowhere sweetheart.. Just the missions keeping me on my toes...." He replied without much change in his tone, but the slight twinge in his lips showed,he was intending to force a smile.

He didn't look any better than before. Maybe even worse, after her mission. She sighed looking at the face that once radiated confidence and cheerfulness.

She placed her palm on one side of his face making him look her in her eyes.
"Suguru-san.. What's going on..?I've wanted to ask you since the beginning,but i didn't want to push it. And now..seeing you like this, i feel like I've waited long enough... Please...." She pleaded him softly.

His eyes softened her words. But how can he tell her about anything that's been going in his head. That everything that was considered as unthinkable, was swirling in mind day and night. The devilish thoughts made him unable to eat and sleep.How can he taint her innocence with his ever growing darkness

'But wait- they aren't devilish thoughts... It's just something outside the thoughts of conservative society. Everyone might not except it. But then no one has to deal with curses after that'

Different thoughts often battled inside him. It was exhausting. Sometimes the former won and other times, the latter. But he felt the latter thoughts winning much frequently, nowadays.

"Nothing you need to worry about, sweetheart. I'll cleanse this world full of curses, so that you won't have to go through this ever again." Geto lightly brushed a hair strand behind her ear as he looked over her bandages.

She could never get used to that nickname as she leaned into his touch. His words brought her to the conclusion that he's been overworking himself; for her! "Suguru-san, Thank you.." She smiled at him, her palm placed over his on her cheek. " But you don't have to tire yourself out doing it.... It's our job, All of us.. Together! We'll do what we can."

He sighed shaking his head and got up, making Izumi look at him confused. "It's an unending job Izumi. As long as non-sorcerers exist, there's no end to it." It looked like he wasn't talking to her anymore and his eyes had a far away look in them as he spilled his thoughts.

"They're the main source for the generation of curses. And the funny thing is.. they can't do a damn about it. They can't even see them" He let out a low humorless chuckle.

Izumi's eyes widened as she listened to her boyfriend. She couldn't believe the words that were coming out of his lips. The same lips that preached that, their existence in the world was to protect the weak, non-sorcerers. He never looked down on someone less than him...

"Suguru-san..." She called out to him, to catch his attention. He looked at her as if he was brought back from a trance. "I'm sorry for pouring out my frustrations on you sweetheart.. Did you take you tablets after dinner?" He changed the subject, his voice more gentle than before and moved closer to sit on her bed. The dark atmosphere that slowly creeped in, went away as quickly as it came.