Family

Two months ago-

"I want to introduce you to my family Katie" Andy gestured to the two figures sitting on one of the benches in the courtyard.

His wife was beautiful. Her dark skin gleamed under the sun light, her curly hair pulled back into a bun, prominent features but what stood out most were her eyes. Dark hazel but they were bright, like you could see her shining aura, radiance beamed from her.

A young girl was clasping to her sundress, slowly poking her head out to peak at me. She was a mix of both Andy and his wife, favouring more of the woman. I poked my tongue out to the small girl like I used to do with my brother, and she let a toothy grin wash across her face.

"Andrew has told me a lot about you, it's nice to finally put a face to the name. I'm Sandra" His wife smiled as she held her hand to me, and I happily shook it.

"All good I hope" I smiled back to Andy who was standing behind us looking like a proud dad. The way he carried himself always reminded me of my father, his energy, the way he treated people. I think that's felt so safe around him when we first met.

"He told me you remind him of himself when he was younger. I see why, you seem like a bright girl, this place needed someone like you" I felt myself blushing against her words, this place was running fine before I arrived, what difference could I do?.

"And who's this little munchkin" I laughed as the girl wrapped herself around my waist.

"That's Amara, she seems to like you" Andy smiled as he put his arm around his wife "I'm glad we found each other" he sent me a sincere smile as his daughter cuddled into my side.

I never thought I would feel this again, like part of a family. But this place was it for me, what I'd been looking for since I lost my own family. The people worked together instead of turning against each other for their own needs and that is what would make this world good again.

Edited