Chapter 4: Loki's Greatest Hits

——————————🐍——————————

The room was fairly dim and had white brick walls and an orange floor. In the middle was a table and two chairs, and there was a projector on the table.

"For the record, this really does feel like a killing me kind of a room." Loki commented.

Mobius placed his stuff on the table. "Not big on trust are you?"

"Trust is for children. And dogs. There's only one person you can trust."

"Yourself?" Mobius guessed. "I like it. Slap it on a T-shirt."

"If the TVA truly oversees all of time, how have I never heard of you until now?" Loki asked.

"Cause you never needed to. You've always lived within your set path." Mobius told him.

"I live within whatever path I choose." Loki snapped.

"Sure you do." Mobius turned on the projector which activated a screen that seemed to be made of floating pixels. "Okay, come have a seat."

Loki marched towards Mobius who had his back turned to him. He was planning on attacking him, but Mobius quickly turned around and used the small device that powered the collar around his neck to teleport him a few feet back.

"I told you, time moves differently in the TVA. Come sit down. Let's get into this." Mobius sat in one of the chairs and watched as Loki slowly walked over to the other and sat down, crossing his arms and glaring at Mobius. "If looks could kill."

"What do you want from me?" Loki asked.

Mobius shrugged. "Well, let's start with a little cooperation."

"Not my forte."

Mobius looked at him skeptically. "Really? Even when you're wooing someone powerful you intend to betray? Or a pretty girl?"

Loki narrowed his eyes. "You don't know anything about me."

"Maybe I'd like to learn." Mobius pulled out a drink in a can called 'Josta' and opened it up. "I specialize in the pursuit of dangerous Variants."

"Like myself."

Mobius shook his head. "No. Particularly dangerous Variants. You're just a little pussycat. I got a set of questions for you. You answer them honestly, and then maybe I can give you something you want. You wanna get out of here, right?" He bargained.

Loki tilted his head.

"Yeah. So we'll start there. Should you return, what are you gonna do?" Mobius asked.

"Finish what I started." Loki answered.

"Which is?"

"Claim my throne."

"You wanna be King?"

"I don't want to be. I was born to be." Loki corrected.

"I know, but King of what exactly?" Mobius specified.

Loki scoffed. "You wouldn't understand."