Chapter 3: Deja Vú

——————————🐍——————————

Mobius entered O.B.'s workshop carrying a cup of hot chocolate.

"How's it going?" He asked.

"Everything is going...according to p-plan." Timely reported. Then he noticed Mobius' drink. "What...is...that?"

Mobius glanced at him. "This? A little Mobius-pick-me-up. Courtesy of the hot cocoa machine."

"Did you say...hot cocoa...machine?"

"Yeah."

"Diagnostics just went down." Casey suddenly announced.

O.B. stared at him. "What?"

"This TemPad's not working."

"Mobius? Can I see your TemPad?" O.B. requested.

Mobius nodded and handed it to him.

Timely went back to the conversation about the hot chocolate. "You have a machine...for that?"

"Yeah. You're pretty interested in this machine." Mobius observed.

"Weird. This one's not connecting either." O.B. commented.

"About this hot c-cocoa machine...could I take a look?"

Mobius was now focused on O.B. and Casey's conversation, hearing that his TemPad wasn't working. "Can you sit tight for just a second?"

"I can take him." D-90 offered.

Mobius turned to him. "Can you? Professor, he'll take you."

Timely exited the room with D-90, and Mobius looked to Casey and O.B.

"What do you mean it's not working?"

...

In the halls of the basement, Timely had just used the machine to get himself some hot chocolate while D-90 stood guard behind him.

Timely grabbed the cup and went to take a sip, when he looked up at D-90. He then held the cup out for D-90 to take. He initially refused, but at Timely's insistence, he took the cup and had a sip.

His eyes widened, and he smiled at how good it was. Timely smiled back and turned back around to get another cup, when suddenly, D-90 was stabbed in the back with a prune stick, and disintegrated. Dropping the cup of hot chocolate to the floor.

Timely turned around and saw Brad standing before him, looking at where D-90 just was.

"I'm sorry..." he then looked up at Timely. "Where's the device?"

...

"It's so strange." O.B. said, typing at a computer. "All your files are being corrupted in real time. Did you download unauthorized games again?" He accused Mobius.

"No. I'm not gonna make that mistake twice." Mobius promised.

"Something's definitely messing with this thing."