Chapter 1: Past

——————————🐍——————————

In Asgard, two little girls sat in a room playing with small figurines.

"Dragon swoops towards the palace." A little girl with long brown hair said, holding a small toy dragon.

Her friend, a little girl with (h/c) hair picked up a figurine of someone on a flying horse. "But the Valkyrie flies over, defeats the dragon, and saves Asgard." She declared.

Both girls giggled at their make believe battle, when an orange door suddenly opened behind them.

Judge Renslayer, who was a Hunter, held up her TemPad and pointed at the little girl with brown hair.

"There's our Variant. On the authority of the Time Keepers, I hereby arrest you for crimes against the Sacred Timeline."

Two soldiers went to grab her, but the other little girl held on tight to her friend's hand.

"Wait, where are you taking her?" She asked.

The soldiers didn't answer, they just grabbed the little girls arms and started pulling her away but they each held in tight to their hands.

"No, Loki!"

"(Y/n)!"

A Minutemam grabbed (Y/n) around the waist and carried her to the door, setting her down outside of it, and locking her out.

Renslayer grabbed Loki's arm. "Reset it." She ordered, dragging her through the orange door.

A Minuteman set down a Reset Charge and activated it, disintegrating everything around the area.

...

The little girl was taken to the TVA, and went through all the steps that Loki had to go through when he was first brought there.

Signing everything she ever said, getting her temporal aura scanned, and finally being taken in front of a judge to present her case.

"Next case." The judge requested.

Renslayer went to bring the girl forward when she suddenly bit her hand and stomped on her foot, twisting out of her grip.

"Next case!"

"Right here!" Renslayer reassured.

She looked back at the little girl and saw that she had taken her TemPad. She pressed a few buttons and opened an orange door. She threw one last look at Renslayer before running through it.

...

Now, Judge Renslayer was standing in the golden elevator, making her way to the bottom floor. She took a deep, nervous, shaky breath, as the doors opened.

She stepped out into a foggy room. As the doors closed behind her, she looked up to see three figures sitting on thrones. Their piercing red eyes looking down at her.

...

Mobius paced back and forth in front of the golden elevator doors, waiting for news. As soon as he heard the elevator ding, and saw Judge Renslayer stepping out, he immediately went over to her.

"What'd they say? Are you okay?" He asked.

Renslayer vigorously shook her head. "No, Mobius. I'm not. Under the best of circumstances, it's jarring to stand before the Time-Keepers. And this is not the best of circumstances."

"Yeah, but they can't blame you."

"They can, and do. The Variant was right here. What if she got to the Time Keepers?" Renslayer panicked.

"I know, but she didn't." Mobius reminded her.

Well, she got away. And so did Loki. The Variant that I gave permission to be in here. And now, they're both off who knows where, and they've got (Y/n). Do you have any idea how impossible it is to keep the timeline stable? The Time-Keepers are all that stand between us and full-scale calamity."

"And I'm glad they're on our side. But if they want me to find Loki, the Variant, and (Y/n), I need access to Hunter C-20." Mobius whispered.

Renslayer shook her head. "I'm sorry, but that's impossible."

"Look, when we found her, she kept saying, 'it's real, it's real' over and over. I need to find out what that meant and what else she saw when she was with the Variant." He insisted.

"She's dead, Mobius!" Renslayer hissed.

Mobius froze. "What? How?"

"The Variant, she enchanted C-20, scrambled her mind."

"I don't get it. She seemed okay. She seemed fine."

"At first, yes. But by the time she got in here, she could barely speak. The decline was steeper after that." Renslayer explained.

"I didn't know..."

"Nobody does. We don't want people to panic. Can I trust you to keep that between us?"

Mobius nodded. "Of course, yes."

"Every moment those Variants are out there, we're all in danger. Find them!" She ordered, before walking away.

——————————🐍——————————