Chapter 4: Trust

——————————🐍——————————

Sylvie suddenly lunged forward, ready to plunge a blade into his chest, when Loki and (Y/n) stepped forward and grabbed her arms, pulling her back. She turned and pointed her sword at them.

"What are you doing?"

"Sylvie, hang on a moment. Let's just talk about it." (Y/n) suggested.

"Well, how about we finish what we started and kill him!" Sylvie yelled.

She rushed past them, but Loki used his magic to pull her back. Sylvie swiped at him but he ducked, and stepped in front of her path.

"What if he's telling the truth?" Loki theorized.

She huffed. "So what?"

"I believe him." He said.

"So do I." (Y/n) added.

"Believe what? That a bazillion bogeyman will turn up just because we give people free will? He's a liar!" She spat.

"So am I." Loki reminded her. "And I don't think he was lying. Not about that. Insane? Yes. But maybe he was telling the truth."

"Better hurry. Timeline's already branching." Kang called to them.

"Shut up!" (Y/n) hissed.

"So what are you two suggesting?" Sylvie asked.

"That we think about it." Loki offered.

"And what precisely is there to think about?" Sylvie argued.

"Weren't you listening to what he was saying? That's the gambit. Remove the dictator and what fills the Void?" Loki repeated.

Sylvie's eyes widened. "Ah. You want the throne."

Loki frowned. "No, that's not it. No."

"I don't believe you."

"Sylvie, the universe is in the balance, everything we know to be true. Everything. I know the TVA has hurt us all, but what if by taking him out, we risk unleashing something even worse? All I'm suggesting is that we take a minute to think about it. I promise you from the bottom of my heart this isn't about a throne." Loki reassured her.

"What was I thinking trusting you? Has this whole thing been a con? Just to claim a throne and have her be your Queen?" Sylvie gestured to (Y/n). "I don't know what she sees in you."

(Y/n) stepped forward. "Sylvie, I don't think he's saying this for power."

"Of course you don't. You've always been too trusting. Especially with him. That's why you won't see it when he stabs you in the back." Sylvie warned her.

Loki placed a hand on his chest. "Really? That's what you think of me...after all this time? Sure. Why not? Evil Loki's master plan comes together. Well, you never trusted me, did you? What was the point? Can't you see? This is bigger than our experience."

Sylvie furrowed her brows. "Why aren't we seeing this the same way?"

"Because you can't trust...and I can't be trusted..." Loki said.