Chapter 4: Tablecloth

——————————🐍——————————

The Loki Variants, Mobius, Sylvie and (Y/n) managed to find shelter in a small broken down building. That's where they were staying until they could put their plan into action.

"You really don't remember him?" Classic Loki asked Mobius.

"I mean, the TVA arrested a lot of Lokis, but, no, I don't remember an alligator." Mobius denied. "I mean, who's to say he's even a Loki Variant?"

The two of them looked to Alligator Loki who was sitting on (Y/n)'s lap as she pet his back.

"Well, he likes her. And he's green isn't he?" Classic Loki pointed out.

Mobius shrugged. "He could be lying. The long con. Of course, that just makes him more likely to be a Loki. It's always the game within the game with you guys, which I respect."

"Mobius..." Kid Loki spoke up, "...assuming you do get back to the TVA, what exactly are you getting yourself into?"

Mobius sighed. "I don't know. I'd like to tell people the truth."

"So, just like that, you're turning on the very thing you devoted your life to?" Classic Loki asked incredulously.

"Well, it's never too late to change."

Kid Loki looked outside where Sylvie and Loki were sitting. "I hope they know what they're doing..."

...

"Mobius isn't so bad." Sylvie commented.

"Or so good." Loki added. "I think that's why we get along."

"He cares about you. And (Y/n). So he's good in my book." Sylvie said.

Loki smiled. "Yes, he does."

Inside the building, they heard Alligator Loki growling and hissing, as well as some yelling.

"Get off of her!"

"She's just going outside you big baby!"

"Ow! He bit me!"

A few seconds later, (Y/n) came rushing outside.

"Everything okay in there?" Sylvie called to her.

"Yeah, yeah. Just...Alligator Loki is very clingy." She replied as she walked towards them.

Sylvie turned to Loki. "That's something you two have in common." She whispered, patting Loki's knee.

She stood up just as (Y/n) came up next to him. "I'm heading inside. Gonna warm up a bit."

"Oh, okay."

(Y/n) sat next to Loki and Sylvie began walking away. Loki looked at her from over (Y/n)'s shoulder and saw Sylvie gesturing for him to tell her his feelings.

Loki nodded, and as she disappeared into the building, he faced (Y/n), and opened his mouth. "It's cold..." was all he could come up with.