Chapter 5: Kang

——————————🐍——————————

(Y/n) gasped as she was pulled out of her memories, tears falling down her cheeks. She remembered everything. Asgard, Thor, Sif, the Warriors Three, the Avengers, the TVA, but most importantly...

"Loki..." (Y/n) whispered.

She dropped her sword and ran past Sylvie into Loki's arms. She threw her arms around his neck, and pressed her lips to his.

Loki dropped his sword out of shock, but quickly slipped his arms around her waist, pulling her closer. He almost forgot how wonderful it felt to kiss her, to have her lips pressed against his.

When they pulled away, they still held each other close, resting their foreheads against one another.

"I remember. I remember everything." She told him.

Loki breathed heavily, a few tears falling down his face. "Hello, my darling."

An orange door suddenly appeared behind them, breaking them out of their happy bubble. They both turned to look at Sylvie who was looking at them with sadness in her eyes.

"Take care of each other." She told them, before using her magic to blast them through the door, back to the TVA.

Once they were gone, Sylvie turned back to Kang, who was smiling.

"Incredible." He commented.

Sylvie used her magic to move the desk out of the way, but he just sat there, still laughing.

"Aren't you gonna beg for your life?" Sylvie asked him.

"Could. Could."

Sylvie grabbed his shoulder and plunged the blade into his chest.

Kang groaned and looked up at Sylvie. "I'll see you soon." He winked at her, and laughed weakly, his head falling forward.

Sylvie stepped back, and sat on the floor, silently crying at what she had just done.

Outside the Citadel, the main timeline began to branch. Dozens upon dozens of branches emerged, breaking off in different directions.

The Timeline was free.

...

Mobius and B-15 stood in the TVA looking at a screen that showed the Timeline branching. Several of the branches had already reached the red line.

"No turning back now." Mobius commented.

"Who said anything about turning back?" B-15 replied.

"For all time."

"Always."

...

Loki and (Y/n) sat in the Time Theater, their hands intertwined and (Y/n)'s head resting on Loki's shoulder.

"What do we do now?" She asked him.

Loki shook his head. "I don't know..."

(Y/n) sniffled lightly. "I can't believe I forgot you...I'm...I'm so sorry."

Loki brought his hand to her cheek and made her look up at him. "Darling, you have nothing to be sorry for. It's not your fault."

He pulled her in for a kiss, which she reciprocated.

"I've missed you." Loki whispered in between kisses.

"I missed you too." She responded.

When they both broke away, (Y/n) stood up and faced him. "Come on."

Loki furrowed his brows. "Where are we going?"

"Well, now that I have my memories back, I remember we're both stubborn as hell, and we never give up. So, we are going to fix this." She declared, sticking her hand out for Loki to take.

Loki looked up at her and smiled, taking her hand and standing up. "As my love commands." He said, kissing her hand.

...

Loki and (Y/n) ran through the halls of the TVA, looking for Mobius to figure out what to do next. As they were looking, they last several Minutemen running through the halls, and there were several voices coming from the loudspeakers.

Loki and (Y/n) made their way to the library where they found Mobius and B-15 looking at a TemPad.

"That's what, 63 new branches in this unit alone?" Mobius said.

"Does he want us to let them all branch?" B-15 wondered.

"At this point how are we even gonna stop it?"

"We can't!" Loki shouted.

Mobius turned to him. "What? What'd you say?"

Loki and (Y/n) walked towards Mobius.

"It's done, Mobius. We made a terrible mistake." (Y/n) told them.

"What's done?"

"We freed the Timeline. We found him beyond the storm. A Citadel at the End of Time. He's terrifying. He planned everything. He's seen everything. He knows everything. It's complicated okay. But someone is coming. Countless different version of a very dangerous person. And they're all set on war. We need to prepare." Loki ranted.

Mobius lifted his hands up. "Take a breath. You're an analyst right? What division are you from?" He asked.

Loki furrowed his brows. "What?"

"Who are you two? What are you're names? You're a Hunter right?" Mobius repeated.

(Y/n) looked around, confused as to why Mobius didn't know who they were, when something caught her eye.

Her breath hitched, and she grabbed Loki's arm in fear. He looked down at her, and followed her gaze, his eyes widening too.

Over the railing of the library floor, they could see a giant statue. It used to be of the three Time-Keepers, but now it was different.

It was of Kang.

——————————🐍——————————