Chapter 5: The Extraction

——————————🐍——————————

"So the Timeline is branching now? I bet that's what's causing all the power surges. And maybe your Time Slipping." O.B. theorized as he led them down the hall.

They passed by an elevator where B-15 emerged from.

"Things are a mess up there. This better be important Mobius." She warned.

"It is." He promised.

"The branching is overloading the Temporal Loom." O.B. said.

"Temporal Loom?"

"That's bad."

"You know, the Temporal Loom. It's in the TVA guidebook."

"The what?"

"There's one in every desk at the TVA." O.B. held up a small orange book and tossed it to Loki. "It's a detailed index of every mechanical classification and maintenance routine in each sector, on each device and inside every computer program at the TVA. I wrote it myself."

"Okay, O.B. this piece just came off right here." Mobius commented.

O.B. ignored Mobius and led them to a large set of heavy metal orange doors. He pulled out a card that opened the doors, revealing a room that has several computers and devices inside. At the front of the room was a giant window that spanned across the whole wall.

"The Temporal Loom is the heart of the TVA. It's where raw time is turned into physical timeline." O.B. explained.

Outside the window was a large tube like structure that had the Sacred Timeline waved through it. However, on the left side of the Loom, there were several new branches that were trying to wave its way in the Loom, blocking it up.

"It's not constructed to weave together so many new branches, so it's overloading. I've never seen it like this."

"It looks like a disaster." Loki said.

"It is a disaster." O.B. agreed.

"You don't get down here too much do you?" Mobius guessed.

"I never had to. Miss Minutes took care of everything. I just ran diagnostics every few hundred years."

"So how do we stop it from completely melting down?" (Y/n) asked.

"We need to prune those extra branches." O.B. said.

"That means the death of countless people. We can't do that." B-15 insisted.

"Then I'll need to close the blast doors to protect the TVA while I figure out how to retrofit it to handle those branches."

"What about our Time Slipping?" Loki asked.

"Once those doors close, we won't be able to re-sync you two. So it's now or never." O.B. told him, holding up a prune stick.

Loki snatched it from him, pointing it at his chest. "Now!"

"Wait!" O.B. exclaimed. "It's now, but now isn't for a little bit. We still gotta get Mobius into position."

They all looked at Mobius who wrote 'skin?' into the dust that was in one of the computers.