Chapter 2: Date

——————————🐍——————————

Mobius, Loki, (Y/n), and Sylvie left the workshop to give O.B., Timely, and Casey time to work.

"Okay, let's have a little pie while we wait." Mobius suggested as they reached the elevator.

Sylvie paused and turned to him. "Pie?"

"Yeah."

She looked at him incredulously. "What is the matter with you? You dragged me back here, begging for help, so you must have some idea of what's happening. Everything is turning to shit, and you want to leave it to them while we go and have some pie?"

"Sylvie, wait..."

"No, I won't wait. Come on. Let's go and get some pie. Why not? It's a great idea. Does it matter that the branches are dying? Clocks don't tick at the TVA, do they? You found out you're a Variant and you haven't even looked, have you? It's just another bad day at the office for you. Timelines are just lines on a monitor. Doesn't matter if a few disappear. Because you've never bothered to look if one of them was yours. Who cares if a few disappear? Enjoy your pie."

Sylvie stomped off down the hall and Loki followed after her. (Y/n) stayed behind for a few moments to pull Mobius into a hug.

...

"You've got to be kidding me..." Sylvie muttered.

She had gotten a bit lost and ended up in the room full of pies. She went to leave but Loki walked in.

"I took a wrong turn." She defended. "I didn't plan on coming to pie land."

Loki glanced at her as he walked further in the room.

Sylvie raised her arms. "Say it then."

"About Mobius...He's just trying to see in the dark like the rest of us. And so we're clear, I asked for your help and you walked away." Loki argued.

"Just so we're clear, no I didn't. I'm here, aren't I? Again!" She exclaimed.

"You're only here because you couldn't kill him."

"Yeah, I couldn't kill him. Couldn't do it." She admitted. "Timely just looked so scared. He Who Remains wasn't scared. Or maybe he was but I just didn't notice."

"Some years ago, my brother was banished from Asgard and sent to Earth. And when he came back, he was different. Changes somehow. I thought it was weakness. I mocked him. Said he'd gone soft."

"Soft gets you killed." Sylvie hissed.

"Look Sylvie, you spared Timely's life and because of that, the TVA and those timelines will survive. Those people will survive. You spared their lives too." He told her.

"You're putting a lot of faith in those three back there." She commented. "Don't forget Dox. She part of the TVA. All those dead branches, those dead people, that's the TVA's fault."

"What about those branches that are still living? That's because of Mobius and B-15 and those guys back there, O.B. and Casey. Even (Y/n). She's a part of the TVA." Loki pointed out.

"What if you're wrong? What if you're both wrong to believe that this place can be any better? What if I was wrong to spare him? It would just be easier to burn this place down and start from scratch." Sylvie argued.

Loki shrugged. "Sure. Burn it down. Easy. Annihilating is easy. Razing things to the ground is easy. Trying to fix what's broken is hard. Hope is hard."

Sylvie sighed. "Okay, so Timely can save the TVA. Then, we hope the TVA turns into something good. Then, we hope that Timely doesn't turn into He Who Remains or worse. That's a lot of hoping Loki. Didn't have you down for an optimist."

"This is the best option we have."

"So, you're gonna bring him behind the curtain, show him all of this, and then, just send him home?" She asked.

"Maybe that's a good thing. We can watch him, we can protect him."

"Interfere for good. Heard that one before."

"You can't just give people free will and then just walk away, Sylvie." Loki insisted. "That's not how it works. Now, for better or for worse, the timelines are free. It's up to us to protect them. It's up to us to do better than He Who Remains."

Sylvie still looked concerned. "Sounds like, whatever we do, we're playing God."

"We are Gods." Loki reminded her.

Just then, (Y/n) entered the room, and saw the two of them staring at each other.

"Is everything okay?" She asked.

Sylvie turned to her and nodded. "Yeah. Everything's fine."

And with that, Sylvie left the pie area, leaving Loki and (Y/n) alone.

"Mobius is okay. I sent him to the hot chocolate machine." (Y/n) said.

"Oh, good." Loki replied.

"...we should...probably get back to the others now, yeah?" She suggested.

(Y/n) turned to leave, but Loki grasped her hand in his.

"Actually, I was thinking...well, I do still owe you a date." He hinted.

(Y/n) raised her eyebrows at him.

"I know it's not the ideal setting, but with the possibility of facing total annihilation I thought..."

(Y/n) cut him off by placing a kiss on his lips. "I'd love to have pie with you, Loki."

He smiled at her and led her over to one of the tables in the room. He pulled out a chair for her and she sat down while he grabbed two slices of pie and set them down on the table before sitting across from her.

The two ate in comfortable silence for a few moments, until Loki spoke up.

"You know...I've been thinking. If we manage to stop the Loom from melting down, there won't be much for us to do after that. No life threatening scenarios, no Time Keepers, no giant cloud monsters..."

(Y/n) glanced up at him. "Yeah...?"

"Well, I was just wondering...if you'd want to go somewhere afterwards." He said.

(Y/n) looked slightly confused. "Like, on a trip?"

"Not exactly. I mean like a place to live. Permanently. If the Timeline is free to branch, we could go anywhere. Doesn't even have to be Asgard. We could find a place anywhere you want on the Timeline. I want to finally have the chance to start a life with you. What do you think?" He asked sheepishly.

(Y/n) smiled widely. She got up from her seat and came over to Loki's side and through her arms around him, sitting in his lap.

He chuckled and wrapped his arms around her as well.

"I'd love nothing more Loki." She declared.

——————————🐍——————————