Chapter 2: A Past History

——————————🐍——————————

Back at the TVA, Brad was put in a variant jumpsuit and a collar, and was led down the hall by B-15 and D-90.

They approached Loki and Mobius who had changed out of their tuxes. They looked at him smugly, while (Y/n) leaned against the wall back in her Hunter uniform.

"Suits you." Loki commented.

"You just love this." Brad scoffed.

Loki gestured to the collar. "Those are...it's tighter than you think it's going to be, isn't it?"

"Yeah, well I'll get you a looser one next time." Brad snapped.

B-15 held up what looked like a TemPad that has been modified. "What is this?"

"That's a TemPad."

"What did you do to it?"

"I put colorful buttons on it for you."

"You will tell us if you found Sylvie when you've had time in holding." B-15 said.

"Right, cause I'm a criminal." He replied sarcastically.

"The attitude isn't going to help your case, X-5." (Y/n) warned him.

Brad smirked. "I thought my attitude was what you liked best about me, babe."

(Y/n) frowned deeply at him, while Loki's gaze snapped to her.

"What does that mean?" He asked.

"Nothing, he's just being an ass." (Y/n) excused.

Brad raised his brows mockingly. "You mean you didn't tell him about us? Seems like the kind of thing that should be talked about."

"Put him in the cell." (Y/n) snapped.

Two more hunters came over and led Brad through an orange metal door into a holding cell.

"I see X-5 didn't go quietly." D-90 commented.

B-15 rolled her eyes. "Quietly is not his strong suit. But he will talk. Once he's had time to marinate." She held up the modified TemPad. "Have O.B. check this out."

...

Mobius, Loki and (Y/n) entered O.B.'s workshop, not seeing him in there.

"O.B.?" Mobius called.

"Ouroboros?"

"Anyone home?"

They all heard quiet mumbling and mechanical tools. They leaned closer to the desk and saw O.B. sitting on the floor, making a machine.

"O.B.?"

O.B. looked up at them. "Oh, hey guys!"

"Uh...how are things going?" Loki asked.

He sighed. "Well, the Loom is in rough shape. But I'm trying to figure out a retrofit device to handle all those new branches."