Chapter 1.

Annie🧸

I jus got back from miss tiny's shop after buying lasco and molasis for my moms peanut juice

I jus got back from miss tiny's shop after buying lasco and molasis for my moms peanut juice.Mommy never miss a chance to make her blendups everysunday and mi nuh stop drink it out.

I moved here in kingston a few weeks ago to stay with my mother again for school term until im ready to go back to hanover.

Little did i know that crime takes place in where i live (Tivoli gardens)it is said that tivoli is one of the most dangerous areas in kingston,One of the reasons why i stay inside my house declining to attend any event thats happening whenever i come here to stay with my mother.

Yes im an antisocial house rat u can say that, But its safer to stay inside than walk around day and night in this area to get shot out of nowhere,People who does that are brave.God mek me go home fi hear mi mada seh mah gah school tomorrow.

Mek mi come hurry up and gah mi yawd to.Im on my way to my yard sucking on my chocolate popsicle while the bag of belongings for my mother was in the other hand.The thought of the wannabe gangsters that lives in the house 2 blocks away from my house makes me nervous.

Why? Because they wont stop calling out to me everytime i pass by their gate whenever my mom send me to buy something at miss tiny's.

Its getting very irritating and this is one of the situation that makes me want to stay in the house or move back to hanover.Im making my way pass their gate when someone erupts into laughter.

Great.Their presents makes me want to sprint away because im scared one of them might snatch me out of nowhere and torture me.So im trying to stop my self from Flinging back words on their disgusting comments if they say something.

"Psst..brownin! instead a popsicle mi have something else fi uh suck pan"One of them shouted making his friends explode in laughter at his stupid words.

"Oh... tell uh ma"I spat back not looking their way before walking briskly.

"Uh really aguh tek dat"one of his friends said,Their voices fade away as i make my way to my house gate quickly running on my varanda before opening my house door.

I close the door behind me taking a deep breath.Thankgod seh mi reach in cause if i didnt run home them woulda walk me dung and beat me.

I then heard my mom shouting my name from the living room that is close to the kitchen.

"Annie!!!"

"Mah come mommy!!"I replied taking off my slippers before placing them in the corner of the ground making my way to the living room where she was.Sitting with a man in his late 40's dressed in polo shirt and a jeans pants along with an air jordan sneakers looking opulent.

"Uh come back quick"she said while i hand her the bag.

I nodded at my mom."Goodevening"i said to the guest that took a sip from his small cup of god knows what.

He nodded before replying back"Good evening"his voice roared.

Oh mi think him neva did aguh seh it back.

My mom came back from the kitchen drying her hands on her apron before sitting infront of the man.

"This is Mr.lewis he helped me to pay for your school fees so uh can go iron uh uniform fi tomorrow"she said as she looked at the man smiling.The man then looked at me who was shocked in amusement.

My mother kinda had a trouble with paying for my school fees for 6th form along with the money i saved up during grade 11 but i never knew that this would happen.

"I offer to help your mother in return for helping me organize some stuff in my house because i moved here recently".

To way how mommy stay people nah go stop take advantage of her everyday she nice to people could never be me.But still and stills im happy now because i can finally stop worrying.

"Thankyou"I said tryin to hide my excitement.

Mi nuh know why mah happy up mi self when 6th form is nothing,but atleast mi can get a rest from dah yawd yah and me can see me besfren.

I can rest from my mother's tortures and loud mouth at times
But sadly school is also torture,Lets hope that this year will be better.

Mr lewis then said"Mi aguh back pan the road miss mcfeild i have some unfinished business to do"he stood up walking up to me before patting my shoulder.

"Alright hush up dem dawg deh pan uh way fimmie"she said referring to the yard that was next to us while gently leading the man out the door .

"Bay dog inna dat yawd"she said murming coming up to me who was standing there in a good mood.

"A wah mek uh deh smile"she asked.

"Because mi can finally stop torment uh"i smile wider before running to hug her i didnt mean that 100% but im jus happy that i can finally stop making her worry.

"Alright alright leggo off a me before uh mek mi drop"she said laughing and patting my back for me to release her.

"Sew da peace a clawt deh fimmie "she said as i break our hug."So mi can go hurry up and blend dah juice deh"she said walking to the kitchen.

As she left i do my happy dance stir frying to her room where the needle and thread was.

Pls unuh vote💖❤😭