Chapter 5.

I cowered under my blanket in fear as the gunshots fired in our area.The bax wah mi get not even deh burn me again at this moment mi jus wah them fi stop fire the shot them.Another shot fired and i let out a loud scream Shivering under my blanket in fear.

Hopefully mi mada deh inna wah safe place a hide.My body is tense and i cant move.Two other shots fired and this time i cried gripping onto my blanket tightly.I hear footsteps and gate sounds.

Lawd jesus smaddy dead.The gunshot has stop firing and i slowly got up from my bed hesitantly to peep out the window seeing our area emty.

Mek mi go check if mommy safe.I ran down the stairs whisper shouting her name.

"Mommy"I check the living room before tiptoeing in the kitchen
Just to see her hiding under the kitchen table while praying.

"Mommy the shooting done"I whisper to her holding her arms guiding her as she slowly came from under the table.

"U sure?"she asked and i nod.

"Come guh sleep inna the guest room upstairs"

She nodded picking up her button phone from the kitchen table.

Next day

It was the time of the night which is zahaire's party and britney deh text dung me phone bout it and its getting annoying.Mi a siddung pah mi rass cause mi know mommy nah mek mi leff ih yawd worst like how mi leff and nuh tell har yesterday.

Me and britney was on a vid call and she was tarmenting me to go to the party with her jus to keep her company.

"If uh come mi nah guh ask uh bout no party again mi promise"she pleaded which made me chuckle.

I want to go but i cant and i have to ask my mother this time and i cant lie.

"Alright alright mah guh ask mi mada"

"Yay"she jumps on her bed in excitement.

I laughed"Mi soon call uh back".

"Alright"She said and i ended the call praying that my mother will send me out.I head to the living room where my mother was watching susan show recap on tvj.

I plop myself on the sofa next to her.

"Gyal uh go pop dung mi setee"She asked with a miserable look on her face before looking back at the tv.

"Mommy"I played with my fingers.

"What uh problem"She asked with her attention still on the tv.

She look at me when i didnt answer.

"Mi know dah look deh."She figured."Uh want something from me".

"Well..nuh really."I said to her trying to come up with a plan on how to get her into making me go."So i was thinking"I continued.

"Mi and britney a guh somewhere and im thinking if i should ask u--"

"So uh nuh fi ask me? the answer is no because u get bruck out from wah day mah find out uh style dem" She said with a miserable expression resting her elbow on the sofa with her head in her palm.

"Mommy u need to understand that im getting mature and im soon to be 18"she turn her head to me giving me a side eye."this a the first and last time mah gah wah party mommy please"I pouted while clasping my hands together pleading her.

"Alright alright gallang bout uh business"She fanned me away.I squeeled in excitement and kiss her cheek.

Atleast she understands me.

"Gwan nuh man"She growled at me who was still in her way.

Couple mins later

I texted britney telling her what happened and i changed into a cute black jumpsuit with a 'k' jacket and a black and white jordan.I then texted britney telling her im on my way.