Chapter 2: The Call

P.O.V. Nikki

I accept the call and put it on speaker. "Hello?" I say questionable. "Hi, with Sam and Colby. This is Nikki Miller right?" We hear Sam's voice say. I hear Tessy squeal softly while I'm trying to stay calm. "Yes, that is me," I say calmly. "Is Tessy also with you by any chance?" Sam asks. "Yes, I am," she says while her voice cracks a little out of excitement.

"Great, because we wanted to congratulate you personally. Instead of only through an Insta story." Colby explains. "So, congratulations on winning the giveaway and we hope you guys are excited because we really are." "Thank you, we are very excited. It is a dream coming true because we have watched you guys since the beginning and it was always a dream to meet you guys. It means a lot," I say calmly. "That is amazing to hear. Colby and I are glad to hear that you have watched us since the beginning. We can't wait to film with you girls," Sam says politely.

We talked for like an hour about the trip and some important stuff. After the phone call ended Tessy and I looked at each other in disbelief and also in excitement. "We talked to fucking Sam and Colby," Tessy says with almost tears in her eyes. "This trip is gonna be amazing," I say excitedly.

After I calmed down a bit and I decided to go for a run with Buddy, my golden retriever. I put on my running clothes and put my hair in a ponytail. When I put Buddy's leash on I say to Tessy: "I'm going for a run and I will take Buddy with me. I will be home by dinner." "That's alright. Have fun." Tessy says from the living room. I close the door behind me and I start running the trail I always run with Buddy.

We run for a bit until we end up by the dog park. I take off Buddy's leash and let him play around for a bit. He runs in the bushes and comes back with a stick. We play fetch with the stick for a while until it's time to go home. With some difficulties I manage to dump the stick somewhere so Buddy can't play with it anymore and then we run back home.

We arrived home exactly at dinner time. I give Buddy his dinner and then I walk to the kitchen/dining room for my own dinner. I say hi to Tessy and see that we are eating pasta with pesto, my personal favorite if I'm honest. I grab a plate and go sit with Tessy around the dinner table. We talked a bit about all that happened today. This trip is gonna be amazing, I know it. After dinner I help clean the table before I rush to the bathroom for a shower.

When I'm done in the shower. I put on my cozy pj's and I read a book until I slowly fall asleep.