Chapter 24: I Love You

a few days later, back at our place

P.O.V. Nikki

I was woken up by someone who clearly hasn't slept in two days. I walk outside my bedroom to find Tessy dancing in the living room. "Girl is 5.30 in the morning, don't you need some sleep?" I yawn. She is still dancing her routine as I sit on the couch with a blanket. The music dies and Tessy sits next to me. "I have worked so hard for this final spot in the dancing competition, I need to win this for my own sake." She said. I look at her and tell her that's it's not gonna work without some sleep

The boys were working on a video with some friends, so we were back at our place. I walked into the kitchen to get some food. I opened the fridge, grabbed some yogurt and placed it on the counter. I wanted some lemonade in it, but I couldn't open the bottle with one arm. "Tessy!" I screamed. She walked into the kitchen and opened the bottle. "Thank you." I made a kiss sign and she walked off.

My phone started buzzing in the living room. I take the call:

Sam❤️
Hey babe

Me
Hi baby, how is the video going?

Sam
It's going well. We have a little break so I thought I would check up on you.

Me
Ehh yeah I'm doing fine. I still need to do everything with one arm, so.

Sam
How lovely! will you let me know what the doctor says later today?

Me
Of course!

Sam
Great! well the guys are back so i'll text you later!
I love you

Me
Did you just say you love me!

Sam
Yes my love, I love you

Me
I love you too

And with that we hung up. I walked into my room and grabbed a hoodie. My mom was picking me up for the doctor's appointment. I said goodbye to Tessy and Buddy and after that I walked towards the car. My mom opened the door for me.

When we arrived at the hospital we had to wait. I get nervous. The doctor walked towards us and took us to his office. "So Miss Miller. We are gonna take some foto's and do some tests to see how your shoulder is healing." He says.

After the test the doctor tells me it looks well and that I could try some exercises at home. I could try to stop wearing the sling but he told me to still keep it with me. My mom drove me back as I told the good news to Sam over text. "When do we get to meet this boy who has been making you smile a lot lately, Nik?" My mom asks. "Soon." is all I answer.