Chapter 27: Sam, please!!

P.O.V. Nikki

After dancing ourselves to tiredness I found myself in the arms of Sam. Colby and Tessy went to Tessy's bedroom. Sam and I decided to sit on the couch for a few minutes. I closed my eyes and placed my head on his chest. He kissed the top of my head and wrapped his arms around my body.

"I am so glad we were the ones to win the contest." I say to him. Sam chuckles a little and agrees with me, "Yes, me too." I placed the dishes in the dishwasher and walked over towards my bedroom with Sam. I closed my door behind us and Sam took off his clothes and layed down. I put on my pj's and do the same. We dozed of fast.

~~~

I walk down the street, I notice Tessy on the other side of the road. I want to walk towards her, but when I reach the middle of the streets my legs stop working. I can't move and I stand there paralyzed. Tessy starts screaming my name and waving her hand to me. she signs to come over, but as hard as I try my legs don't move.

I look to my left and see a black car speeding my way. I start to panic as Tessy is looking straight at me. She doesn't even see the car. I start to scream for help but nobody turns to help me. I see Sam and Colby walking Tessy's way and before I know it they start to walk away as well. "No please, I can't move. Sam, please!!"

The car almost hits me but then I wake up. My heart is racing and I can't keep my cool. I turn to look and see Sam peacefully asleep. I lay back down, but this time closer to sam. As in an automatic motion, he places his arm around my waist and pulls me closer. I lay my head against his chest and listen to his heartbeat. And just as I do so, I realize, He is my safe space.

~~~

The next morning isn't really early. We all eat our breakfast at the dinner table and chat along. Sam and Colby announced that they were invited for an award. They wanted us to be their plus ones. They even said that we could make it a vacation. Tessy and I were immediately excited.

The awards would be in a few weeks, so we had time to prepare. But the flight and hotels were already organized. I walked towards my bedroom and layed down to read my book. Sam went to take a shower. I walked around my room and grabbed my phone from the charger. Sam walked back in, but just in a towel. I sat back down on my bed and grabbed the book when I noticed I was staring too much.

"Is it a good book, my love?" Sam asks. I look at him and say, "Yes, actually it has a good plot twist and a good storyline." Sam chuckles. "Love, the book is upside down.." My face instantly turns red. Oh god, how did I not notice.

He walks over and kisses me passionately. "God I love you" Sam says between kisses. "I love you more"