chapter 51

Last time

*We see our couple walking back home from the doctor's visit, Jason was holding a bag of groceries filled with marinette's craving and Marinette was holding Jason's free hand. Both were just enjoying the warm air when someone came to ruin there good mood*

Lila:oh my God is that you Marinette?

Now

*Jason instantly placed Marinette behind him, Marinette placed a hand on Jason's shoulder to remain him calm, she looked at Jason with concern that his pit of madness would take over. In front of them were Lila Rossi and her boyfriend Adrien agreste, the two people who started all this mess. Marinette got closer to Jason whispering in his ear*

Marinette:they could have someone filming us, don't engage unless they throw the first punch

Jason:fine, but I see one of them get near you I'm gonna lose it

*Jason whispered back, Marinette gave him a quick peck on the cheek then look at the people she either hasn't gotten a restraining order, placed in jail, or just disappeared*

Present

*Everyone in the batfamily saw the smirk on Jason's face when Marinette said disappeared, they knew what that meant. But kept quiet, Marinette didn't see it*

Kori:if I may ask, why does that woman hate you so much?

Marinette:because unlike the rest of them I called her out on her lies, but everybody believed her since they wanted the fame and glory without any of the hard work.

Barbara:how bad is it?

Marinette:how bad? For Pete's sake  one of them wanted to be in the Olympics, and now? He works at a local pool as a lifeguard making minimum wage

*Marinette said thinking on the life's of her former friends and how fall they have all fallen. And the worst part is that they don't even realize it, a small part of her wanted to feel sorry for them, but she didn't. Not after all they made her go through out the years*

Bruce:if there dumb enough to believe that, then they reaped what they sold, and before you all start. My father business was worth 100 million, it's now worth 100 billion because of me and MY hard work. My family had nothing to do with that

Tim:no, but it's easier to make more money when you already have money to begin with, Bruce your rich just accept that people are gonna make fun of you for being rich and let it go

*Bruce grumpled but Marinette giggled finding it amusing that the rich boy had anything to complain about*

Back to the past

Marinette:miss Rossi, why the sudden ambush? Are you so keen on getting a restraining order yourself?

Lila;oh come now, we just want to talk. Heard your got pregnant and we wanted to congratulate you

*Lila said with a kind smile that both Jason and Marinette knew was fake a mile away. Jason gave them a small growl the second one of them took a step forward stopping him from whatever he was going to do*

Marinette:yeah. Well thank you for the congratulations, but I should ask how we're you after going to jail for a few weeks for shoplifting?

Lila:I would watch what you say next dupain Cheng

*Lila said with distain, her happy tone quickly replaced by a cold serious one. Marinette didn't give two coins about Lila's warning, she even looked down on her phone uninterested*

Marinette:it's Todd now, Marinette Todd.

*Even with the tense situation it still melted Jason's heart hearing Marinette use his last name, and use it proudly*