THREE

➽───────❤︎₊ ⊹───────❥

──────────────

THE premiere for Court Cards has gone smoother than Maia expected. So far, all she's done is take pictures with Caleb and Ben, plus her other co-stars as well. Nobody has been rude or crazy towards her either, or at least, not yet anyway. Ever since the trailer came out, she's been going a bit viral for being pretty, and people on TikTok keep saying that she's the next best thing for the world of entertainment.

That craziness is a problem for her later though, because right now she's in the middle of one of ten interviews, and this interviewer actually did his research, to Maia's great relief.

He's a tall British man wearing an all-black suit, not unlike the one that Ben's character wears in the film. Since the interview started, she's answered questions about juggling an acting career while getting a Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science and Policy (his words, not her's,) and also questions about what it was like to move from Australia to America by herself at the age of seventeen.

"Was it hard? Adjusting to life independently at such a young age?" He asks, pointing the microphone at her with just enough space for her breathing not to be heard.

Maia nods. "It was a little hard at first! Especially with the terms Americans use being quite different, and, um, even some of the curriculum is a bit off as well, but mostly the words. I got made fun of by my roommate the first week I moved in because I kept calling McDonald's 'Macca's.'"

"Right! That's what it's called over there, isn't it?"

"Yeah, it is! But, other than that, it was actually quite nice. I had my mum here with me for the first few months or so, living with some distant cousin of mine that I'm really grateful towards," she explains, smile beaming like the moon in the night. "But even after she left, I was quite well-adjusted already! I got lucky having such nice schoolmates and living in such a nice area."

The interviewer begins asking another question, and behind him, she can see many more guests shuffling in through the front doors of the casino lobby the event organizers have turned into a make-shift premiere house.

That's when she sees him.

He's standing there with three other people. One is tall with dark hair and a beard to match, while the other has brown curly hair and a little bit of facial hair on his chin. The last guy he's with is around the same height as the dark haired man, but he's paler with lighter facial hair.

But him? He looks the same. Taller, hair a bit longer, but still, just the same.

This can't be real.

"That would be Oscar Piastri and a few other Formula 1 drivers who got invited to the event," the interviewer adds, noticing her eyes going slightly wider and her mouth being just a bit agape. "I believe they're set to leave for Abu Dhabi when the premiere is over..."