FIFTY

➽───────❤︎₊ ⊹───────❥

➽──────────────❥

HE'S gonna tell her today.

Well, tonight, technically.

Oscar had decided on it first thing when he woke up this morning, a day before he's meant to leave and catch his flight back to the UK. He thought it would do him some good, to get rid of anything that may need figuring-out since it'll be a new season and what not.

He needs to put all of the focus that he can into his driving, but he also needs to acknowledge his wants and needs first.

And, man, does he really want Maia to be there beside him the whole time.

He's got it somewhat planned in his head, a basic plan to make sure he doesn't chicken out from nerves or say something stupid.

1. Ask if she wants to hang out together
on her front porch like old times
2. Bring up how nice its been to see her again and finally become friends after everything
3. Tell her how he's liked her since they were kids
4. Don't come off too strong
5. Respect whatever she responds with (obviously)

It feels like a good plan. It's so simple too, it'd be hard to mess it up. 

Plus, he swore that he'd be fine with whatever happens afterward.

In a way, it could end up being a win-win sort of scenario; where if she agrees with how he feels, they could potentially start dating, and if she declines, then he gets a weight he's had on his shoulders lifted and thrown away.

Easy peasy.

He's been sat in his living room for a few minutes now, his sisters all scattered around him doing their own things, but all waiting for Maia's response to his text just the same.

"Has she responded yet?" Lori asks, gathering some wood from an oak tree in Minecraft.

Caroline sighs, eyes closed still from her attempt at getting a 'late night nap' (whatever that meant,) "It's been, like, two minutes, Loren."

"Two minutes is a long time!"

Oscar throws his phone on the carpet in front of him lightly, a barely audible thud emitting from its connection to the ground. "Maybe she's asleep."

Alana looks from the TV, then to her brother. "At 10 PM?"

"Holy shit, is it really 10 already?" Caroline groans as she turns from her spot on the couch. "I'm going to bed."