EIGHTEEN

➽───────❤︎₊ ⊹───────❥

──────────────

FIVE years ago, Maia found her new favorite hobby; outfit collecting.

It's true, every teenager has that phase in their lives where all they care about is clothes and how they look, but for her, it was different. When she got her first modeling job when she was sixteen, she was elated at the opportunity, but she also got her first taste of the fashion world that she had often day-dreamed about during her math classes.

It was for a small business, a dress-maker setting up an in-person shop for the first time in the mall near her Melbourne home, and the designer needed help with advertisement. They had devised a time and place for Maia to take pictures, and the designs of the clothing could only be described as the love-child of Teuta Matoshi's elegance and the sharper, grunge-esque aesthetic that Vivienne Westwood had perfected during her time on this Earth. Maia was entranced, and she fell in love.

That was how she found herself in her first ambassador-model position—and it's also why she's staring with wide-eyes and a covered mouth at her outfit she's going to be wearing tomorrow.

The huge box was found at the front-desk of her's and Oscar's hotel, her name written with care on a small label, paired with the words Forever proud of you! xx, Ji-Yeon right under it. An anticipated gift, but still good to see nonetheless.

She had taken out the outfit with haste, knowing only of the color and the fact that it had a skirt. Maia had presumed it was a dress, but she was oh-so very wrong.

As she eyes the two-piece now, spread out on one of the chairs of her hotel room, Maia couldn't help but be caught in the middle of wanting to squeal and wanting to disintegrate.

It was black—true to Ji-Yeon's word—with the long, form-fitting skirt being asymmetrical at the bottom and made of silk. However, the top was a lot more loud, being a matching silk corset embellished with meticulously placed rhinestones, mirroring the paintings that the night sky painted for the world so very often. Small spaghetti straps were present at the top, silver buckles connecting them to the corset itself. Additionally, still in the box were a pair of simple, black open-toed heels Ji-Yeon had added, explaining in a small notecard that they were from a new collection set to drop in February of next year.

The ensemble was simple and refined, while also eye-catching and it complemented her well—but it was also, wholeheartedly, terrifying.

When she had taken the outfit out, she realized it served as a physical reminder of the FIA Ceremony, and the fact that she'd be attending with Oscar at that. Typically, she was the one having people tag along at parties or events, not the other way around. Also, to add onto the mess, the whole 'WAG' comment Matthew had made was getting to her head.