FIFTY - TWO

➽───────❤︎₊ ⊹───────❥

➽──────────────❥

MAIA is feeling particularly worthless; so she decides to type up a message to Oscar that she's never going to send.

The message contains the usual stuff: an update on her life, 'asking' him about his, telling him that she's sorry, and begging him to never forgive her for what she had done to them and their relationship.

It's that last part that always, always makes Angela and her neighbors sad.

"I mean, listen," Matthew says, gesturing in the air as he chomps down on a sour cream & onion chip. "You're never gonna move on if you don't seek closure. I don't get what's so hard to understand about that."

Matthew has always, since the day Maia met him, had a talent for being blunt and straight-forward, almost to a point that it makes him look stupid. It gets people's feelings hurt, it gets people to laugh, it gets people to stare at him with eyes that scream 'what is wrong with you?' but, hey, that's just him.

Plus, he never leaves his dorm without the Tweedle Dum to his Tweedle Dee, so, usually someone is always there to keep him in check before he makes someone cry.

Ian snatches the green bag of chips and clips it closed, shaking his head at the bleach-blond. "Don't eat her chips. She's gonna be more upset if you do that."

Frankly, she has been getting pissed about Matty eating her food, but she hasn't had the energy to tell him to stop.

Okay, it's not like she's completely out of it, or, that's what she likes to say at least.

Because, she's been fine on the outer-front. She hasn't missed a day of classwork, she's been getting good grades on tests, and she's been busy learning lines for Court Cards season two; everything is relatively the same to how it was before she left Australia.

Except, her phone doesn't buzz as much as it used to.

Not as much as it did two months ago.

Two months.

Had it been that long already?

"I'm just saying! Talking would do her some good," Matty says again, a sigh swirling into his words. "That's always how it works."

"You're really not helping, Matthew," Angela clicks her tongue while walking over to the couch. She snatches the phone out of Maia's hands, and her outcries are ignored with ease. "Mai, you can't keep doing this."