TWENTY - SIX

➽───────❤︎₊ ⊹───────❥

──────────────

MAIA has come to note that Oscar is a very peaceful sleeper, and it's a fact that she learned at the start of the third hour of their trip, since he has chosen to take a nap and leave her to rack her brain for ideas on how to kill time.

She's had no trouble making long flights go by with ease in the past. The last time she flew to Melbourne, she spent the whole flight napping and looking out the window while listening to music, and she would have no problem doing that same thing again right now; if not for the fact that Oscar was in front of her.

He was all cozy with his hood up, arms crossed over his chest and legs stretched out in front of him, eyes shut and breathing slow and steady. He doesn't snore either, much to Maia's happiness, but, she's already gotten some fun out of snagging some pictures of him sleeping as blackmail, so she's out of options for entertainment, really. The movie selection on the plane was actually pretty bad too, which was surprising considering McLaren's jet was, according to Oscar, the 'best one out of all of the Formula 1 teams.'

Maia puffs out air from her lungs as she looks around the jet, trying to see what it could have in store for her on this long flight.

She gets up from her seat across from Oscar, leaving him to sleep soundly since she doesn't feel like waking him up from his slumber just yet, and begins to walk down the big aisle of the plane. The seats are all empty, save for her and Oscar and the pilot at the front.

Eventually, Maia makes her way to a room at the back of the jet, flicking the lights on to see two twin sized beds to her right and left, and some empty cabinets above. Maia couldn't help but wonder why Oscar chose to sleep in the seats rather than here. He must have known the beds existed if he's flown with this plane multiple times, right?

She sits back on one of the beds and pulls out her phone from her pocket.

ANGELA!!! 🏎️❤️🐞: what do u want to eat when u get home!!

ANGELA!!! 🏎️❤️🐞: gonna make a grocery trip in 10 mins :)

With three minutes left to spare before Angela leaves to shop, Maia texts back swiftly, thankful for the jet's wifi: "i'll eat anything that isn't burnt 😇"

She then shuts off her phone and kicks off her sneakers, climbing further onto the bed and getting under the covers. On the side of the plane where the bed is connected, there's a small window that she can see through, and as the clouds float by, she feels her eyelids getting heavier, and heavier, and—