NINETEEN

➽───────❤︎₊ ⊹───────❥

──────────────

OSCAR always quite liked dressing up for fancy events. The preciseness of it all was always fun for him: choosing a suit, what color he should wear, tie or no tie. He never really had a reason to do things like that growing up, so it was nice that as a driver now, he had a decent amount of events and ceremonies to attend semi-regularly. However, in this moment, he was having trouble with the smallest decisions that he typically wouldn't care enough about to begin with.

He had opted for, prior to even arriving in Baku, wearing a simple black and white tux with a bowtie, something he picked up from a local suit shop since he wasn't exactly picky with what he wore. The simplicity of the outfit was good, safe, and he wasn't too worried about his hair either, considering it was short enough that he didn't need much to manage it.

But, considering who he'd be having on his arm tonight though, Oscar found himself being a little bit more antsy than usual about his looks.

Fine, fine. He'll admit it. Maia was sort-of, really, definitely gorgeous, and the idea of her in formal wear was not helping his thoughts.

Childhood crushes are hard to let go of, apparently. Or, maybe this was just an Oscar-only problem and he truly did think of Maia the same way after all these years.

He could recall how she looked during the Court Cards premiere back in Vegas, and the short, white dress that made her look like a fairytale princess come to life. Before the anxiety had set in, he was entranced by her—like she had beckoned for his attention and he gave it at once.

And, yeah, he did end up hiding in the bathroom to avoid speaking to her but, it's the thought that counts (kind of).

For the ceremony tonight, Oscar was pretty much already dressed, with his black slacks and white button-up on his body and dress shoes on his feet. The blazer he had packed was placed on his hotel bed though as he tried to get himself in order, the outerwear ready to be worn whenever.

Oscar's shirt was unbuttoned down to his chest, and his sleeves were rolled up as he went from attempting to get ready, to texting Logan, and vice-versa.

captain america: you should compliment her when you see her, you'd totally catch her off guard

Oscar tsk-s as he reads the message, putting down the tie and grabbing his phone. He sits on the bed as he shoots back: "you're trying so hard to be my wingman even though we're only attending as friends"