3

SURBHI RAGHUVANSHI

October 2023

Walking into my cabin gave me another kind of peace. Until I saw my desk. Same shit everyday urgh. A bouquet of flowers was kept on my table. Beside the bouquet was a letter. Oh my god this intern.

This intern has been trying to get me for so long and even after rejecting him so many times, I see bouquets on my table every morning. I walked towards my table and picked them up. I could feel somebody watching me and it was none other than Saurabh Joshi.

I started walking out of the cabin.

"Mr. Joshi, what is this?" I said and he looked at the bouquet and letter.

"Oh Ms. Raghuvanshi it's my way of showing that I really like you -" I cut him off.

"And I don't. " I said and he smirked.

"It's okay to play hard Ms. Raghuvanshi." He said and I chuckled.

I saw a dustbin near his cubicle and I could not spread my strong desire to put that bouquet and letter in that.

I walked towards the bin and threw the bouquet. I turn towards him and tear the letter he wrote into pieces and did the same with the pieces.

"A NO MEANS A NO MR. JOSHI." I said and I was about to walk away but he held my wrist.

Great! I turned around and slapped him. All the people started gathering around us and I could see that his lips were bleeding. "What happened, Surbhi?" Zoya rushed to the scene.

This guy was so shameless for real. I slapped him just a few moments ago but he still won't leave my hand. My teeth gritted on their own. "LEAVE MY HAND MR. JOSHI." I said firmly just to feel his grip tighten on my wrist. Great bitch, face the consequences.

"Oh look what you've got yourself into Mr. Joshi!" I punched his face multiple times and his feet stumbled. Zoya tried to hold me but I don't think I can stop because this person made me lose my cool. Other workers took him away from my sight but I still wanted to ruin him so badly.

____________

"What have you done Ms.Raghuvanshi?" Here I am. Mrs. Verma called me in her cabin and why won't she? She has the right to call me or anyone who tries to violate her company's rules.

"I don't regret anything Mrs. Verma." I said confidentially and looked at Saurabh Joshi. "And may I ask you why Ms. Raghuvanshi?" She said and I looked at her. "Ma'am he has been giving me bouquets and letters everyday. I rejected him multiple times but he thinks 'I'm playing hard to get' . I used the same phrase he used a few minutes before.

"I really tried to ignore all his wrongdoings because he was new to all this but he crossed all the limits when he held my wrist. Mrs. Verma , a no means a no and I'm sure you understand that. I am not like other girls , I am a different individual and this is my way to handle creeps and perverts like him." I said and Mrs. Verma nodded.

"Mr. Joshi, I don't think you can be a part of this company anymore." Mrs. Verma said and looked at me. "Mr. Joshi please leave and Ms. Raghuwanshi, stay here." She said but as soon as she stopped another voice was heard in the room. This voice was more like pleading urgh I hate him.

"I'm sorry Mrs. Verma, I'll not repeat this again." Saurabh said but Mrs. Verma shook her head. "This is not how it works Mr. Joshi please leave. " She said and he left the room.

"Whatever you did was wrong Ms. Raghuvanshi." She said while I was looking straight into her eyes. "You don't feel bad or regret anything?" She asked me and I shook my head.

"Ma'am I tried to stop him but he was the one who crossed all the limits. I surely am not guilty at all for protecting myself." I said and she nodded.

"Good, I guess we need more people like you in this company." She said and got up from her chair. "You can leave Ms. Raghuvanshi." She said and I nodded.

_______________

"Maa, didi ne ek aadmi ko koot diya." (Maa, didi beated a guy.) Arana said while laughing and maa looked at me. "Tune kya kiya?" ( What did you do?) Maa asked and I sat down on the couch.

"Itne dino se tang kar raha tha, mein bhi lga diye chante." (He was troubling me for so many days so I slapped him.)

I said and picked up the glass to drink water.

"Accha, leave everything, uh I have fixed a date for you." Maa said and I looked at her. "You did what Maa?" I said and she looked at me and raised her brows. "Kya?" (What) She asked and I got up. "Whatever , I'm not going." I said and started walking towards my room. "You are Surbhi." She said in her high pitched voice and urgh I sometimes hate her for fixing a date every week.

____________

I really wasn't in the mood. It's 9 pm and I'm in the car right now. "Arana I'm not interested, bhai." I said while Arana was trying to push me out of the car. "Ek ghante ki baat toh hai, please chali jaa ! Meine Abhi se Milne jaana hai. " ( It's a matter of one hour, please go! I have to go meet Abhi.) She's whining like a kid.

"Khud toh boyfriend hai nhi, aur dusro ka relationship chalne nhi dena." (You don't want to have a boyfriend and you don't let other relationships workout.) Arana said and I looked at her. "Tu yahan honi chahiye ek ghante mein." (You have to be here in one hour.) I said and she smiled.

"Haan Dayan jaa." (Yes witch go) She said and I smiled beautifully and showed her my middle finger and went towards the restaurant.

______________

I was quietly having my dinner when this person broke the silence. "So Ms. Raghuvanshi, what do you do." He asked and I looked at him. I did not want to talk to him at all. "Uh, Mr. Khurana, I don't talk while eating." I said and he raised his brows and made an 'O' with his lips.

His phone was vibrating and thanks to my sharp sight, I could see the caller ID 'WIFE 🍷.' He is a bitch too , urgh. Not like I was interested but still.

He picked up and said something.

"Bébé, je t'appellerai plus tard." (Babe, I'll call you later.) The audacity this bitch has. He hung up the call and smiled at me.

I looked at my watch, 9:54 , great let's go Surbhi. "It was nice to meet you Mr. Khurana." I said and stood up. I wore my coat as it's cold outside. "Would you like to go out again Ms. Raghuvanshi?" He said while getting up and I smiled at him.

"Actually, no, because I think you should focus on your French wife rather than focusing on your dates." I said and I picked up my bag and started to walk away.

🦢•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.🦢

ENJOY!
Chapter 4 will be out on ScrollStack today at 4 pm (IST) !

BYE!