11

VOTE KAR DO PEHLE HI! 

COMMENT KARNA MAT BHULNA 

10 votes on this please :) 
Kinda spicy ;)

 Enjoy! 

            _______________

SURBHI RAGHUVANSHI

DECEMBER 2023 

Everybody in the hall was singing and dancing. Niharika di and I were sitting on a cute low stool. “Ye sab mere jaane se khush hai?” She said and I chuckled. 

“Of course not, Di but they're happy that you're getting married.” 

“Arey Di chalo na.” (Arey Di come na.) Arana came towards us and pulled us on the dance floor. 

“Okay so the whole family wants a competition between Niharika di and you.” Arana said and we both denied at first because we didn't want that. But after all the elders requested we agreed. 

“Don't you think we should get some time to prepare?” I said but everybody started laughing and one of our relatives replied. 

“Apne Sangeet ke liye prepare kar liyo, abhi Niharika ke Sangeet ke liye toh Bina preparation perform karna padega.” (Prepare for your Sangeet, you'll have to perform without preparation for Niharika's sangeet.) 

“Niharika is the winner.” Naani said and we all cheered. “And for me, our Surbhi is the winner.” Di came towards me and caressed my cheeks, lovingly. We hugged and all our relatives cooed. 

We sat down on the low stool as the women who were going to apply mehendi had arrived. 

“Ma’am do I have to write any name?” The woman asked and my eyes fell on the empty space for a name. 

“Reyansh Kapoor likh dijiye.” (Please write, Reyansh Kapoor.) Arana said and as soon as the last was about to draw his name on my hand I stopped her. 

“Kunwar Reyansh Kapoor.” I said and she nodded, giving me a warm smile. 

The mehendi design looked so good. It was a peacock feather with a lot more designs like circles and everything. Somewhere painted, somewhere just lines and drawings. 

              _____________

I was so busy with the wedding that I couldn't talk to Reyansh. Feelings started developing in my heart steadily. I felt so weak, just like I was back in highschool. I hated this feeling but it was what it was. 

Being away from him doesn't make me feel normal. I want to be near him but it isn't possible yet. I picked up my phone and opened his contact. I wanted to call him, hear his voice but I didn't want it at the same time. 

As soon as I was about to keep my phone away I got a call. 

“Kahan thi aap itne dino se?” (Where have you been for so many days?) I heard his voice and my soul gave up. It felt like home, his voice was all I craved. 

“Hum toh shaadi mein busy the, aap kahan the?” (I was busy with the wedding, where were you?) I said and I could feel tears gathering in my eyes. 

“I am busy with my best friend's wedding.” He said and I chuckled. 

“Itne busy ki call bhi nahi kar paye?” (You were so busy that you couldn't even call?) I said and he sighed. 

“Kahan hai aap?” ( Where are you?) He asked and I tried to tease him.

 “Ek bed par, jo ek room mein hai, vo room ek ghar ka hissa hai, aur vo Ghar humari mausi ji ka hai.” ( On a bed, which is in a room, that room is a part of a house, and that house belongs to my Mausi ji. )