17

I hope you've been well and healthy, I'm so sorry for being inactive on Wattpad, I was studying as the boards are near, this chapter was to be edited so yes.

Thanks for all your likes gulaabos!

Vote target is 38, I hope you'll complete that soon!
I love reading the comments so go on and let me know your thoughts.
I'll try to update whenever I get time.

__________

SURBHI RAGHUVANSHI

The rays of sun were hitting my face and I slightly opened my eyes. I looked around to find Maa collecting her things.

"Good morning Maa."

I muttered and she smiled at me.

"Good morning, we need to leave, so please get up."

She said and I closed my eyes again nodding at whatever she said.

I was least interested right now, all I wanted was sleep, more sleep. But why was I so tired? Urgh! The dream was so good though.

I heard a knock on the door and immediately threw away the comforter and stood up. Maa went towards the door to open it. I saw his Maa on the door and I looked at the nightgown Ruhi gave me.

"Shit!"

I muttered and picked up the comforter just to wrap it around my body.
I saw his Maa entering the room and she gave me a smile.

"Good morning Surbhi."

She said and I coughed a little so that she doesn't figure out anything.

"Good morning Aunty."

I said weakly and she kept the back of her hand on my forehead to check my temperature.

"Bimaar lag rahi hain aap."
(You look sick.)

She said and I nodded.

"She was alright at night, Mrs. Kapoor."

Maa said and I glared at her reply. Why would she say that?

"Surbhi, can we talk?"

His Maa said and I nodded.

"Ji aunty, but before that, please can I freshen up?"

I said and they giggled.

"Haan go, and it's Maa." Maa said and I smiled at her, running into the restroom.

______________

I noticed something strange while I was showering, but I eventually ignored the fact and thought I would have forgotten to wear my panties.

I was walking through the corridors and the anklet bells were ruining the silence of this mansion. I could see everyone in the living area, talking to each other and this made me smile.

My eyes fell on my Maa who was enjoying her stay here and I loved to see her smile. I've loved it ever since I was a child. I was the kind of child who always kept Maa's happiness above hers and I don't regret any of it.

Everybody looked up at the stairs as soon as they heard the noise of the anklet bells in the house.

I walked towards his dad and Maa and I bent down to touch their feet, as a sign of respect and greeting. I stood up and joined my hands together. I walked towards his Kaka Sa and Kaki Sa and repeated the same process because no matter what, they were still elders.

"Did you sleep well?" His dad asked and I nodded with a smile on my face.
"Ji Uncle." I said and his Maa giggled.

"Reyansh calls me Papa, but you can call me Baba Sa instead of Uncle."