13

Before you start I'd like to mention a few things
• Juta churai is a ritual in which the girls from the bride's side hide the groom's shoes and they return it only when they get money.
• If I had to name this chapter something other than 13, it'd be 'The first fight.'
• Surbhi is definitely not being dramatic. Independence is all a woman should have because dependence doesn't allows her to live freely.
• Reyansh is a soft boy, but he has a very dark side too.

VOTE KARNA MAT BHOOLNA bcoz it motivates me and helps me to write frequently when ik my book is growing.

And I see more than 100 ppl are going through the chapters but the votes are less than 50 like c'mon guys, atleast make it a 50 if 100 of you are reading and if you find something is off then inform me right away.

I'd love to see you guys comment your thoughts about it, like I wrote 1500+ words but imagine, I don't even get a feedback for that.

Word count 2500+
Enjoy 👽

________

SURBHI RAGHUVANSHI

DECEMBER 2023

I was walking towards the mandap with Niharika di. My eyes fell on Reyansh, who was standing with Ansh jiju. 

His eyes fell on me and he winked at me. 

I helped Di to sit in the mandap and the priest started chanting the mantras. 

I secretly left the mandap and walked towards the room, where all our cousins were sitting. 

“Jute?” ( shoes?) 

I asked and I saw Arana holding a bottle of coke in her hand, and she sipped the cold drink. 

“Chori kar liye hai.” ( We have stolen them) 

Dhruv bhai said and I laughed. I walked towards them, and they handed me the shoes which they stole as it's an important ritual. 

“Great.” I said and sighed. I feel relieved now. 

“Let's go out, or else, they'll know that we're planning something.” Dhruv bhai said and we nodded while walking out of the room. 

We all stood in a corner and Reyansh came towards us. 

“Jo jute aapne chupaae hai, vo toh hum dhund hi lenge.” ( We will definitely find the shoes that you have hidden) 

He said and all of us chuckled. 

“Dhundo phir jiju.” (Then find it Brother-in-law.) 

Arana said and he chuckled. “Ji kyun nhi.” He replied and walked away. 

We were enjoying the wedding when I got a notification. 

RK ♥️

“Jaan, I'm stuck in a room and this door is not opening.” 

Reyansh texted me and my eyes widened. This person got locked in a room? But how. I wanted to laugh out loud but I couldn't. 

Jaan 

“Why did you go there?” 

I texted him and in no time I got a text. 

RK ♥️

“Wdym, I cannot even use the washroom now?” 

I smiled and I turned around to leave. I was walking towards the location he sent me but I met Maa on the way. 

“Where are you going?” She asked and I told her that Reyansh has locked himself in a room. 

“Jawaai Sa ko boliye ki vo apne aap ko control kare.” ( Tell my son-in-law to control himself.)