6

SURBHI RAGHUVANSHI

Days passed ever since that incident took place but I still wondered who he was and why he called me his. I low-key thought it was some creepy stalker and hence I hired a person to protect me but it was of no use because ever since that day, I never heard his voice.

Working on some projects is really difficult just like the one I'm handling right now. This project is going to benefit our company a lot but the fact it that the property belongs to the king of Sitagarh. and he is not ready to give it to anyone. He believed that it is a sacred land and it is perfect for organising some sacred rituals.

Ever since Karthik Raghuwanshi left us I was not the kind of person who was emotionally attached to anyone or anything. I call the King stupid because this land which he thinks is sacred can be used to provide better services to the people. What is the use of worshipping God when you literally have no humanity.

Urgh I'm hella stressed about this whole project.

"Surbhi." I heard Maa's voice. Her voice is absolutely intoxicating. I felt stress leaving my body. "Itna stress nhi lete meri gudiya." (You shouldn't take so much stress, my doll.) She said and came towards me. I hugged her and she pecked my forehead.

"Aa tere liye loori gaati hoon." ( Come I'll sing a lullaby for you.) She said and we headed towards my bed. I love Maa very much, she never made us feel the absence of our father. She gave us freedom and supported us in all our decisions.

"Ab btaegi kya hua hai?" (Now will you tell me what has happened?) She said and I placed my head on her lap.

"Maa I strongly believe that this project can benefit the society as well as the government but this King is so dumb." I said and she chuckled. "Tujhe har koi dumb lagta hai." (You find everyone dumb) She said and I laughed along with her.

"Mere bina?" (Without me?) We heard a familiar voice and saw Arana who was standing on the door. I looked at Naa and we both started giggling looking at Arana.

"Aaja meri bachi, tu bhi aaja." (Come my child, you also come.) Maa said and she started running towards us.

Maa knows that she's dating. I told Maa about Abhishek and she's happy that her younger daughter found the love of her life. Arana is twenty six and she loves photography and graphic designing. She's always been a good artist unlike me. She is completing her course of photography right now while she has already mastered Psychology and Economics.

"Surbhi, you should find someone too." Maa said and I looked towards her. She is the light in our life. I saw how her skin was glowing under the moonlight. She is the strongest woman I have ever known. She has always taught us to stand up for ourselves.

I thought about it. All the people around me are either committed or married while I wasn't interested but Maa is always worried about my wedding and now I have decided to select someone for myself.

"Maa aap ladke dhundiye, hum shaadi karne ko tyaar hai." (Maa I'm ready to marry please start finding boys.) I said and she smiled immediately.

"I love you Surbhi." She said and Arana whined. "Hawww mein?" (Hawww what about me?) She said and Maa pecked her forehead. "You too Arana." She said and we both hugged Maa and I fell asleep after sometime.

              ____________

REYANSH KAPOOR

"Maa, aap please kuch kariye na." (Maa please do something.) I said and Maa stood up from the dining table.

"Hum kya karein Reyansh? Aapko kaha tha ki Surbhi ko apne saath lekar aana par aapne ek hafte mein kuch nhi kiya." (What should I do ,Reyansh? I told you to bring Surbhi with you but you didn't do anything in one week.) She said and I lowered my head. Yes, she did support me. She agreed with my plan and later when Papa knew that I wasn't out for some work but for a girl he blamed Maa for everything.

"Maa, aap pandit ji se baat kariye." (Maa you talk to the priest) I said and she sighed. "Why do you want an arranged marriage, Reyansh? You're good enough and anyone can fall for you ." She said and I shook my head.

"She isn't like other girls Maa. She is different." I said and she sat down on the dining table.

"Hum aapke pita se iss baare mein baat karenge." (I'll talk to your father about this matter.) She said and I left the dining area.

One week, a week that I spent to get to know Surbhi and I succeeded. I got to know a lot about her. But in the end , I couldn't propose. I knew she rejected many men and I had no different fate. She would've rejected me too. I came back to Raigarh and told Maa and Papa everything and Mas was ready to support me but Papa, he still didn't like the fact that I had lied to him. Yes, I lied to him when I was going to know more about Surbhi and he absolutely hated lies.

Surbhi Raghuvanshi is all I want by hook or by cook and now I want to have her so bad. I can kill anybody and everybody for her.

I went towards the library because I thought Papa was working and he was. I knocked on the door. He looked up . He wasn't talking to me, this is the second time I have lied to him and I knew the consequences were a silent treatment.

I walked in and sat down near him. I got on my knees and said. "Papa, hum Surbhi se bohot pyaar karte hai, aap please kuch kijiye."(Dad, I love Surbhi a lot, please do something about it.) He looked into my eyes.

I knew what he was trying to find. He has always taught me amazing things and one of them was 'A woman is not an object, she is more valuable than a man and you have to love someone truly if you want her to be your wife Reyansh.' And I still remember it.

He cupped my cheeks and my eyes got teary. "Reyansh, you really love her?" He asked and I nodded and a tear escaped my eyes. "Shh, In aansuon se aap humein apni kamzori dikha rahe hai Reyansh." (Shh, you are showing me your weakness through your tears, Reyansh.) He said and wiped my tears.

"Hum kal hi unke ghar jaana chahenge." (I'd like to visit her home tomorrow.) He said and I smiled. I nodded and I got up. "Ji Papa." I said and turned around to leave the library.

           _____________

SURBHI RAGHUVANSHI

I was extremely tired today. My back hurts like hell and Maa wanted me home as soon as possible. I went to Mrs. Verma's cabin to ask for a leave and she granted me a leave fortunately.

Driving was something I hated a lot. I tried but I always ended up crashing the car. Arana would always come to pick me up and I was waiting for her right now. Soon I saw a white car approaching me. I smiled and the car stopped.

"Maa called me and said I had to pick you up jaldi." She said and I nodded. "I don't know too she said she wanted me at home as soon as possible." I said and looked at her. "Tune kuch Kiya toh nhi?" (You did not do anything right?) I asked and she diverted her focus from the road towards me.

"No di." She said and I sighed thinking what else could it be. What emergency?
As soon as we reached home I saw a lot of cars outside our house. Deep down I was scared. "Do you think Mr. Raghuvanshi is here?" Arana asked me and I shrugged my shoulders.

"I don't know but if he is then he should be ready to face his death now ." I said and rage could be heard in my voice. I hated Karthik Raghuwanshi a lot.

We soon entered through the main door and I saw my mom smiling and talking to someone. We walked towards the living room and I saw many people standing around in the living room.

"There she is Rana-Sa, my daughter." She said and the old man stood up and turned towards me. I looked at him and he smiled.

What is going on here?

           _____________