Heartbroken

Daenerys' room

Daenerys stared at the ceiling.  She couldn't believe that she's had sex with Dario. No matter what excuse she came up with it wouldn't justify anyone to Davion.

"Good morning, my Queen." Dario said and started kissing her neck.

"Leave my rooms and never enter without my permission." Daenerys said. "This was a mistake...all of it."

Dario was confused. He had given Daenerys so much pleasure and she still didn't want him. "Yes, my Queen." He got out of the bed, got dressed and left Daenerys' room. When he got to the halls he saw Ser Jorah. "Jorah the Andal." Dario greeted. "Are you here to see our Queen? She won't say it, but she's in a good mood."

Jorah walked to the council room to find Daenerys there dressed and looking at maps. "Khaleesi." He greeted.

"You're here early." Daenerys said.

"Later than some." Jorah said.

Daenerys sighed. "You don't approve?" She was already riddled with guilt, the last thing she needed was to be judged.

"It's not a question of a approval," Ser Jorah said. "It's a question of trust."

"You neither approve or trust." Daenerys said.

"Why would I?" Ser Jorah asked. "The man's a sellsword."

"Didn't you fight for the Golden Company before pledging your sword to my brother?" She asked.

"I did." He said.

"I trust you." She said.

"Dario Naharis killed one of his captains and dunped his head at your feet when he grew tired of their commands." Ser Jorah reminded Daenerys. "How could you ever have faith in a man like that?"

"I could never have faith in a man like Dario." Daenerys said. "That's why I've sent him and the Second Sons to retake Yunkai."

"You have?" He asked.

"I have." She answered.

"Without you there to rule, Khaleesi, I fear the masters will simply bide their time, wait for the invaders to leave and reassert control." Ser Jorah pointed out.

"That is why I've ordered Dario to execute every master in Yunkai." Daenerys said. "The masters tear babies from their mothers' arms. They mutilate boys by the thousands. They train little girls in tbe art of pleasuring old men. They treat men like beasts as you said yourself." Daenerys mainly sent Dario and the Second Sons away to kill the masters for Davion. She had hoped that when she tells him that she slept with Dario he'd also be more forgiving towards her.

"Herding the masters into pens and slaughtering them by the thousands, is also treating them like beasts." Jorah said. "The slaves you freed, brutality is all they've ever known. If you want them to know something else you'll have to show it to them."

"And repay the slavers with what?" She asked. "Kindness? A fine? A stern warning?"

"It's tempting to see your enemies as evil, all of them, but there's good and evil on both sides in every war ever fought." Jorah said.

"Let the priests argue over good and evil." Daenerys said. "Slavery is real. I can end it. I will end it, and it will end with those behind it."

"I sold men into slavery, Khaleesi." Ser Jorah reminded her.

"And now you are helping me show them to freedom." Daenerys reminded him.

"I wouldn't be here to help you if Ned Stark had done to me what you want to do to the masters of Yunkai." He said.