• Chapter Three •

4 years later:

There they stood, side-by-side, dressed in their dress white uniforms.

Many families had come out to support their children, siblings, husbands, and wives, but Emerson's gaze had searched the crowd for one person in particular.

Of course, she hadn't asked him to attend the ceremony, but the thought of him possibly remembering and being present at one of the most important moments of her life should have meant something.

She released a soft sigh and gave up her search through the crowd and shifted her attention towards the front, as they had begun receiving their shoulder insignias.

The brunette couldn't help but smile as she received hers alongside Skye and Bradley - as her Uncle Tom, Aunt Kara, TJ and Nicole had begun cheering loudly; with the former two smiling proudly at their daughter, goddaughter and nephew.

Once they had received their insignias, everyone stood - including the families present - as they recited the commissioning oath.

"I do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United Stated of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same, that I take this obligation freely without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion. That I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me, God."

"Look at you!" Kara Kazansky gushed as she hugged the three newest members of the US Navy, only to pause as she stood in front of her tall nephew - who looked so much like his father

"Look at you!" Kara Kazansky gushed as she hugged the three newest members of the US Navy, only to pause as she stood in front of her tall nephew - who looked so much like his father. "I know that your Mom and Dad would be so proud of you, Little B."

Bradley smiled at his Aunt with a soft nod of his head. "Thank you, Aunt Kara."

"I am so incredibly proud of you three." Tom stated with a smile, his icy-blue eyes shining with pride - especially for his youngest daughter - before his gaze shifted towards a figure approaching behind them.

Emerson, Skye, and Bradley followed the former ice-cold pilot's gaze only to see Chief Petty Office Clarke approaching the family - he too, wearing the formal Naval dress whites.

"Admiral Kazansky." The ranking officer greeted Tom formally. "Mrs Kazansky."

"Officer Clarke." Tom responded curtiously with a nod of his head as Kara smiled pilotely.

The officer's gaze shifted towards the three newest members of the Navy and nodded his head with a smile. "You should be proud of them." He stated, with Emerson sensing a hint of pride in his voice. "Congratulations, Ensigns Blackwood, Bradshaw, and Kazansky. The hard work had truly paid off."

"Thank you, sir." The trio responded in unison and saluted their ranking officer before he had left to congratulate the rest of his students.

Emerson looked at her two best friends, exchanging knowing glances with them with a bright smile before she turned towards her godparents and cousins.

"So, we have some news.." She trailed off in suspense.

A groan escaped from TJ as he leaned his head backward and closed his eyes. "Please tell me that you and Skye are not pregnant." He said.

"Oh my God.." The brunette muttered with a snort.

"TJ!" Skye exclaimed at her eldest brother while Bradley stifled a laugh at his cousin's antics.

Nicole nudged her brother in the ribcage while Kara smacked him upside the head, making the eldest of the Kazansky children yelp in pain.

"Before you jump ship again, TJ.." Emerson continued, giving her cousin a pointed look. "No, it's not THAT kind of news. In fact, Brad, Skye, and I got our orders for basic flight training."

"And who knows, maybe after a few years, we'll be invited to Top Gun and will have our names on that plaque right next to yours and Mom's." Skye added with a smirk identical to her father's.

"A second generation of Kazanskys and Bradshaws wouldn't be so bad." Tom replied teasingly with his signature smirk as Kara pulled the trio into her embrace once more. Once their goddaughter had been released from his wife's arms, the former ice-cold pilot pulled her into a hug of his own.

"I'm so proud of you, kiddo." He said softly. "I know that you wish he could be here, but he'll be proud of you too."

"Thank you, Uncle Tom." Emerson replied with a soft smile before it broadened slightly as her eyes shone with slight cockiness. "I mean, I did learn from the best of the best, who just so happens to be my amazing godparents."

Tom chuckled and shook his head lightly in response before the family had departed together to celebrate the three newest members of the United Stated Navy by the names of Emerson Blackwood, Skye Kazansky and Bradley Bradshaw.