• Chapter Seven •

"So, you and Hangman?" Emerson questioned as they slowly made their way back towards the pool table as she took a sip of her Bicardi Sunset cocktail

"Not in the way you think." Skye responded with a sigh and took a sip of her own Bicardi Sunset cocktail.

" Skye responded with a sigh and took a sip of her own Bicardi Sunset cocktail

3 years ago:

After her usual morning run, Skye had made her way inside a small coffee shop only for her to stop in her tracks at the long queue at the counter.

"You've got to be kidding me." She muttered with a groan.

Skye Kazansky was no morning person. Despite her being in the Navy, which had required her to be up early, it didn't mean that she had become a ray of sunshine over the years in the mornings.

She had to have a cup of coffee to function throughout the day.

With a soft sigh, the blonde began making her way down towards the back of the line when a deep, smooth southern drawl called out from behind her.

"Hey, babe, what do you need me to get you?" She paused in her tracks and turned around only to be met with the piercing green eyes and a charming smile from none other than Jake 'Hangman' Seresin.

She tilted her head slightly as she narrowed her eyes at him, wondering what sort of angle the cocky pilot was playing at.

"I know that it takes you at least three hours to wake up in the morning, and you can be pretty miserable without your morning coffee." Jake continued as he stared at her, casually letting his gaze drift towards the long line at the counter.

Finally catching on to what he was doing and becoming slightly suspicious as to why, the blonde decided to play along. "A vanilla latte, please." She answered.

The cocky pilot smiled at her before he turned to the barista. "And a vanilla latte for my girlfriend." He placed her order alongside his and paid for it.

Once he had received their coffees, he approached the awaiting blonde and held her takeaway cup out to her.

"One vanilla latte." He said.

"You didn't spike it, did you?" She quizzed suspiciously and sniffed the contents to see if she could smell anything wrong with her coffee.

"Come on. I know I can be an asshole sometimes, but I swear I didn't spike it." He responded and took a sip of his own. "If you want, I'll take the first sip."

"Touch my coffee, and you die, Seresin." She warned, pulling her cup away from his reach, which seemed to have amused him before she took a small sip and found no trace of anything foul in her cup.

"Told you." Jake chuckled and took another sip from his cup.

"Alright, fine." She rolled her eyes and licked her lips of any leftover residue. "Although, I do have a question: Why?"