• Chapter Twenty-Six •

"Okay, Bradley, get us in touch with the boat." Emerson instructed as she flew side-by-side with Skye on her left wing.

"Working on it." Bradley responded as he flipped a few switches on his instrument panel. "Radio's out, no radar.. Everything is dead back here." He said. "What do I do? Talk me through it."

"Okay, first the radio." Skye started as she attempted to guide her cousin over comms. "Throw the UHF-2 circuit breaker."

The tall pilot glanced at the breakers behind him. "There's three hundred breakers back here. Anything more specific?" He asked.

"Wasn't this your Dad's department?" Emerson quizzed lightly.

"I'll figure it out." Bradley responded and turned to his right to look through at the breakers when his eyes caught sight of something. "Em, tally two, five o'clock low." He warned.

The brunette glanced in the direction only to stiffen slightly as she saw two bandits flying below them.

"Oh, this is perfect!" Skye voiced with sarcasm.

"What do we do?" Bradley asked.

"Just be cool." Emerson replied. "If they knew who we were, we'd be dead already."

"Well, here they come." The tall pilot responded as he watched the bandits rise in altitude to fly at level with them. "What's the plan?"

"Put your mask on." The brunette answered and clipped her mask on. "Remember, we're on the same team. Just smile and wave."

As the bandit leveled out beside them, the trio simply waved at the pilot, who made a hand gesture with his thumb tucked in.

"What's that signal?" Bradley quizzed, keeping his eyes focused on the pilot. "What's he saying?"

"No idea." Emerson mumbled. "I have no idea what he's saying."

"What about that one? Any ideas?" Bradley asked as the pilot made another gesture.

"Nope, none." The brunette replied.

The pilot from the enemy bandit slowly moved towards the right, and Skye's eyes seemed to have widened at the move.

"Shit, guys.." She warned. "The wingman is moving into a weapon's envelope."

"Em, can we outrun these guys?" Bradley questioned as he watched the enemy wingman move in behind their aircraft.

Emerson scoffed softly in response. "Not their missiles and guns." She answered as she glanced over at Skye's F-14.

"Then it's a dogfight." The young man stated.

"In an F-14?" Skye quizzed, craning her neck from side-to-side. "Against fifth gen fighters?"

"Remember, little cuz, it's not the plane.." Bradley started.

"It's the pilot.." Emerson finished and fell silent, deep in thought as she weighed out their options.

"Come on, Em.." The tall pilot encouraged his girlfriend. "I trust you."

The brunette remained silent for a mere moment before she suddenly jerked the joystick, pulling the F-14 towards the right and fired rounds of bullets at one of the bandits' enemy jet as Skye pulled up in a tight diametered loop to get herself behind the second bandit - that soon went after her cousin and best friend.

"Tell me when you see smoke in the air." Emerson instructed.

Bradley glanced out of the canopy towards the tailing bandit, who had just fired a missile at them. "Smoke in the air! Smoke in the air!" He exclaimed.