• Chapter Thirteen •

"Dogfight football." Pete said as he threw a football into the air and caught it swiftly. "Meaning that we will be doing offense and defense at the same time."

"And the point of this is?" Emerson questioned, folding her arms across her chest as she rolled her eyes behind her shades.

"I'm building a team. You are my team and I need you to act like one." He said and threw a blue football towards Bradley and a red one towards Jake. "Pick your teams."

"Rock, paper scissors?" Bradley asked as he held his hand out.

"I pick Deathwing." Jake said, completely ignoring his 'rival'.

Emerson arched a brow at the cocky pilot and walked over to his side as Bradley licked his teeth in slight irritation.

"I got Siren." The tall pilot stated and looked at his cousin, as she walked over to him.

"You sure you can handle this, babe?" Jake teased as the blonde passed him, only for him to smirk in response as she raised her hand in the air, flipping him off without turning back to him. "Payback."

"Coyote."

"Fanboy."

"Bob."

"Yale."

"Phoenix."

"Halo."

"Fritz."

"Omaha."

"Harvard."

"Maverick."

"Let's make it a little interesting." Jake stated once the teams had been picked. "Whoever loses has to buy a round of drinks."

The pilots and WSOs agreed to the deal and parted ways to get ready for their team-building exercise.

"I really did not expect this." Emerson said as she gathered her dark locks together in her hand and tied it into a messy bun.

"You can say that again." Bradley responded and gestured towards himself. "Do I look like I am ready for a game of football?"

"Hmm, blue jeans, a tank and your famous Hawaiian shirt?" The brunette quizzed and sucked in a breath through her teeth. "Rookie mistake."

Without a word, Bradley removed his shirt and tank before he rolled his pants up and looked at his best friend. "Better?" He asked.

It appeared as if Emerson had completely forgotten to answer as her eyes trailed his well-built body.

"Em?" Bradley called with a soft chuckle.

"Hmm?" The brunette hummed as she met his gaze.

The tall pilot smirked slightly. "Are you okay?" He asked.

"Mmhmm, I'm just beachy." She replied and removed her tank top, leaving her in her sports bra and a pair of shorts. This time, it was Bradley's turn to stare and admire the beautiful woman in front of him before she turned towards him with a playful smirk.

"Let's play some ball."