001: The Big Lost

Chapter OneThe Big LostSeason 1, Episode 1"Yeah

Chapter One
The Big Lost
Season 1, Episode 1
"Yeah. Like Jordan is great at football."
====================================

Jade Kent walks up to her brothers door, knocking before walking in.
"Hey Jon. Have you seen dad?" Jade asks, before seeing her brother was on FaceTime with his girlfriend. "Oh, hey, Eliza."
"Hey Jade." Eliza replies.
"No I haven't seen dad." Jonathan replies. "Is everything okay?"
"Yeah. It's all good. Just needed to talk to him about something." Jade answers. "I'll go see if Jordan has seen him. Bye Eliza."
"Bye Jade." Eliza replies.
Jade sends Jonathan a small smile before walking out his room and closing the door.

It had been a couple hours and there was still no sign of her dad. Jade was sat in her room painting, listening to her music through her headphones. Completely unaware her dad had entered the room, until he toke her earphones out.
"Hey." Clark says.
"Where were you today?" Jade asks, not looking up at her dad.
"I had a assignment for the paper." Clark answers. "Sorry I missed therapy today."
"It's fine. Couldn't catch a flight back. I get it." Jade says.
"High school starts tomorrow. You nervous? Because it's okay if you are. I know freshman year was hard for me." Clark says.
"Yeah. Yeah. Heard your stories about a million times." Jade says.
"We'll, if you need to talk about anything I'm here." Clark says.
Jade just nods before putting her head phones back in causing Clark to let out a sigh before leaving.

~~~~~

The Next Morning, Jade we sat down next to Johnathan having breakfast when Lois came into the room.
"Your mom called while you were in the shower about a visit." Lois tells Clark.
"We going to grandma's?" Johnathan asks.
"I think we're over due." Clark says.
"Great. Smallville the place where you can spend a whole year in one afternoon." Jade says, sarcastically.
"It's not that bad." Lois tells her, as Jordan walks into the room.
"Woah, is that how your going dressed today? Somebody got the punch me in the face memo." Jonathan says.
"I should dress like you? Like some sort of human participation trophy?" Jordan asks.
"No. But you could watch a, like, how to basic video on style." Jonathan says.
"Enough. Both of you." Lois tells the two. "All of you go. Your rides here."
"Bye." Jade says hugging her dad.
"Bye Gia." Clark says, as Jade hugs her mom.
"Bye sweetie." Lois says. "Love you guys!"
"Love you to!" Jonathan replies.
"Good luck today!" Clark says, as the triplets leave.
"Thanks dad." Jonathan responds.

~~~~~

Jade was by her brothers locker. Waiting for him to finish football practice. Jordan had already left to go home. But Jade wanted to stay and work on her drawings in the art room. After an hour and a half, the teacher had to head home, meaning Jade couldn't be in the room. So the brunette found herself, sat with her back against her brothers locker, one leg up, propping her book up as she continued to draw. Most of the students were gone. Just the football team and the drama club where left in school. Jade sighs as she hears the drama club singing another song.
"You should try out." Jonathan says, causing Jade to look up at him.
"Huh?" Jade asks.
"For the drama club. You should join." Jonathan says.
"Very funny." Jade says, grabbing her bag and standing up.
"I'm serious. You have an amazing singing voice." Jonathan says.
"Yeah. Like Jordan is great at football." Jade says sarcastically.
"Gia..." Jonathan says, sighing.
"Come on. Let's head home. We've got a long walk ahead of us." Jade says.
Jade quickly makes her way to the school doors, Jonathan slowly following behind.

~~~~~

"We're home!" Jade calls into the house as Jonathan closes the front door behind the two of them. "Mom? Dad? Jordan?"
Jade and Jonathan walk into the living room to find Clark and Lois looking upset and Jordan looking confused.
"What's going on?" Jonathan asks.
"Can you two come sit down. There's something we need to tell you." Lois tells her two oldest children.
"Is everything okay?" Jon asks, as he sits down next to Jordan and Jade sits on the other side of him.
"Your grandmother. She passed away." Clark says.
In that moment Jade's whole world freezes. She couldn't move. All she could do was sit there and let the tears fall.